Hoy?

vegasfoster
vegasfoster Posts: 59
edited December 2017 in Road buying advice
Seems reasonable spec for the money and on clearance, but very minimal info. Not seeing any professional reviews on Aomori, only one on Alto (albeit, it's a positive review), and searching "Hoy" yields a whopping 148 posts on this forum since introduction in 2013 (well...now 149 :wink:).

What do you guys know that I don't know? Thanks

Comments

• What do you guys know that I don't know?

A lot, probably
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Ignore other reply, get some twats on here. What Aomori is it? How much is one you have seen?
  • shiznit76 wrote:
    Ignore other reply, get some twats on here. What Aomori is it? How much is one you have seen?

Thanks. Was debating .002 (583gbp-tiagra) or .003 (687gbp-105). I've always had flat bar road bikes, but want to try drop bar bike without spending a fortune and was previously considering steel drop bar (equilibrium), but decided if getting drop bar then should probably also go lightweight for full effect. I don't want carbon and don't need disc brakes or mudguards where I live. I do need US shipping though.

The comparable Pinnacle, Cube, Vitus, Giant, etc. are sold out, lower specced, or quite a bit heavier. Doesn't mean they aren't better though, but I can't know, so figured if Hoy generally looked down upon for specific reasons, then I could rule them out. Regardless, open to recommendations. Thanks again.
  • Decent price for 105 speced machine. I read a review a while ago about the 003, think it was priced at approx 900 then and got good review.
    What is it you are wanting to use it for, just fitness and fun?
    Hoy bikes aren't looked down upon, bit like boardman when he started doing bikes and now they are highly rate as good starter/mid level bikes
  • Just fitness and fun. I ride the mountains and don't use computers or anything, just get out and clear the head. Loaded up, I have 11kg steel flat bar now, which I really like, but still have drop bar itch I need to scratch and on paper it's best mix of price, spec, weight, threaded bb, etc. that I am seeing. Decided lack of info was making me second guess it though. Thanks for feedback.
  • Hey thanks for posting that, seeing now they offer frameset alone, so thinking maybe get frameset and higher spec components and use wheels I have, then get better wheels down the road if I like it. Hmmm.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Its £825

https://www.evanscycles.com/hoy-aomori- ... e-EV253919

So alot cheper in the US than UK?

Why don'y you but a bike in the US as shipping will be alot?
  • I see that, prices went up on both bikes. Makes frameset option more desireable. As far as buying in US, shopping here is just not as good, you guys are pretty much the cycling capital of the world and...we're not. You have better discounts and options we don't have, so often in total it's comparable even with the steep shipping. Looking, but so far not seeing anything over here I want for my budget.