edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

melange of ride and cafes, probable mince pie

followed by shopping and lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No rides as it's pick up the Christmas puppy day, then see if we like it. If we decide not quick enough we can re-gift him
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    A day for mini and me. She's just polished off a crumpet and a massive bowl of weekend treat coco pops. Shopping, dog walk later.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Just chillin' and following the Ashes, Christmas related stuff today then friends round tonight which will turn messy but as they are great fun it'll rock.

Slightly moist outside and well windy - starting to miss the bike big time now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I’m just thinking about going for a ride, bikes out just need to get changed , I think I will have another cuppa before I go out,
    Have a good weekend
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Meh...cycling. If only. I has decided that if the weather be willing and seen as I am going to tail off PPP work as from middle of next week, to go pedalling over the xmas/nuevo anno period. It's been 10 days off the bike and one part of me wants to sleep and the other needs a pedal. Body aches.
    It's got to the point where the rollers just ain't cutting it unlike when i'm out in the sticks, where no one can reach me.

It be calm today it be, the Toots are busy doodling and it's all so quiet... Might have another 2 coffees. Going to do very little.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    TLW1 wrote:
    No rides as it's pick up the Christmas puppy day, then see if we like it. If we decide not quick enough we can re-gift him
    Is that the one day trial before you commit? You already know the result. Enjoy, but have some carpet cleaner handy.

Good lie in had and now it's finish off Xmas cards of the electronic variety, buy a tree and other assorted jobs. May chill with a coffee if I get time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Boxes. Loads of the feckers.

Packed a dozen wheels. Books, speakers, miscellaneous things, some clothes, garden tools, workshop stuff.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    What sort is it TLW? Not another mohair rug/draft excluder surely.

You have too much stuff WS.
  • Matthewfalle
    TDV is on one today. We are all trying to keep a low profile......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pinno wrote:

You have too much stuff WS.
    Next place is considerably bigger than this one, and will look a bit empty tbh...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    TDV is on one today. We are all trying to keep a low profile......

Oh dear. Good luck mate. Have you got helmets and ear plugs? Is there a place you can sneak off to?
  • Matthewfalle
    Cheers dude. Problem is when she’s like this she’s like a whirling dirbish - she can smell your fear from a thousand paces and will track you down in a hiding point that you find.

I think I’m a dead man and it’s only 10:37 ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    sunny but cold here

after yesterday's showers there plenty of icy patches, plus surprise frozen slush, had the large mince pie
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    We've moved onto picture no sound.......

Brilliant.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Cheers dude. Problem is when she’s like this she’s like a whirling dirbish - she can smell your fear from a thousand paces and will track you down in a hiding point that you find.

I think I’m a dead man and it’s only 10:37 ......
    It's like in 'Aliens' - the only protection is to achieve minimum safe distance. Completely coincidentally, I'm sitting in my local Costas nursing a bucket of coffee :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Is that the one day trial before you commit? You already know the result. Enjoy, but have some carpet cleaner handy.

Bought and keeping

Thankfully only one carpet downstairs in the playroom and it needs replacing
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:

Springer
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Bought and keeping

As predicted :) Make sure you train it to be a trail dog so you can double up off road rides with dog walking.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Bought and keeping

As predicted :) Make sure you train it to be a trail dog so you can double up off road rides with dog walking.

My thoughts exactly - which is why this house is perfect as it backs onto the woods
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow start was had and enjoyed, then had to go to my folks to do a bit of DIY. My mother managed to break the kitchen sink trying to unblock it yesterday. Ridiculous piece of design means I may have to replace the whole sink, but I can’t find one the same size. So may have to replace the worktop too. Alternative is grind the bonded in waste connection off and try to fit a threaded replacement one. Capped it for now so at least one side works.
    Christmas bash tonight, should be a laugh. Nothing planned for tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Slow start was had and enjoyed, then had to go to my folks to do a bit of DIY. My mother managed to break the kitchen sink trying to unblock it yesterday. Ridiculous piece of design means I may have to replace the whole sink, but I can’t find one the same size. So may have to replace the worktop too. Alternative is grind the bonded in waste connection off and try to fit a threaded replacement one. Capped it for now so at least one side works.
    Christmas bash tonight, should be a laugh. Nothing planned for tomorrow.
    Works Xmas bash on a Saturday night? Sounds dangerous.
  • Violently sick this morning so spent the day mopsing about.

Still mopsing about.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Springer

Good dog's Springers. Always keen to please, always full of beans. Very intelligent.
    Most of them more clever than there owners :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Springer

Good dog's Springers. Always keen to please, always full of beans. Very intelligent.
    It might be a close run thing on the spelling :wink:
  • Spaniels are hilarious. Enjoy TLW. Now into day 4 of la Grippe, and it's been a journey. The only thing keeping me going has been Lemsip with brandy in it. I might make my regular tipple when I'm better - if I ever get better <sniff>
    It's been that bad Mrs BBGeek has had to cook tea three times in a row. Don't think I might be onto something - she is acutely aware, and not happy.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dangeroush you shay? No problem for a twat of my calibre. Maybe not. The very lovely temp from accounts said she’d dance after another 5 vodkas. So I explained the situation to the holder of a company card, he understood and did the necessary. Couldn’t tell you much more than that...
    Now on a bus home.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Springer

He’s been a star so far
  • tlw1
    Spaniels are hilarious. Enjoy TLW

Cheers!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    TLW1 wrote:
    Spaniels are hilarious. Enjoy TLW

Cheers!

And Koreans would have us believe, delicious.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dangeroush you shay? No problem for a fool of my calibre. Maybe not. The very lovely temp from accounts said she’d dance after another 5 vodkas. So I explained the situation to the holder of a company card, he understood and did the necessary. Couldn’t tell you much more than that...
    Now on a bus home.
    What goes on tour... :wink:

Whereas last night I had to do the Dads taxi routine for Stropteen attending a party so couldn't even drink. And missed half of MOTD :roll: