Bike to work scheme for son?

rowanharley
rowanharley Posts: 76
Is it ok for my dad to use the bike to work scheme for me or could it get him into trouble? He believes that he could lose his job for him or if the company needs to downsize, they'll fire him. Are these statements likely? He works in a big enough sports shop.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I hope you're not using a real name when you post. It's important to hide your identity online.
    Don't post your new dream bike using your real name and then be amazed when it's stolen from your shed etc...
    Don't post your dads place of work or job.

A lot of my pals have the bike to work scheme with no problems - they use it to buy their race bikes and dont normally ride them to work.

At the end of the day - the bike isn't yours - its your dads workplace. They arent in the business of providing bikes for kids - so he's probably quite right. You need to edit your post.

In the real world - there probably isnt a problem unless you post about it online. Oops.
  • Ok well I've changed the post now. Thanks for pointing that out
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Good work.

I'd also ask round the local bike club too - there's going to be lots of decent bikes there that people have grown out of and most riders just want the space. I know chris boardmans first bike was out of a skip - despite what the marketing says - its not all about the bike. It's the rider.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Your dad is right. It's both fraud and tax evasion.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    They've built a special prison in Coventry just to house people banged up for life for defrauding the cycle to work scheme. Why risk it?