tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In an office too far from the local for a Friday
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    coke machine is out of diet coke .... that sucks
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Tired. Cycle part way to the office today, some fresh snow/ice on the road.
    Last day in work today woop. Hopefully it will be dry enough to get out on my new bike next week.
    fat daddy wrote:
    coke machine is out of diet coke .... that sucks
    Treat yourself to full fat - it's Friday.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Treat yourself to full fat - it's Friday.

you put forward a good argument .... its close to christmas as well
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Fantasy start to the morning, beckoned over to the other end of the carriage for a cosy chat on the train in with two gorgeous sisters (not my sisters) dressed to the nines for their Christmas parties today. Innocent train friends fun but still :D Can only go downhill from here.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Fantasy start to the morning, beckoned over to the other end of the carriage for a cosy chat on the train in with two gorgeous sisters (not my sisters) dressed to the nines for their Christmas parties today. Innocent train friends fun but still :D Can only go downhill from here.
    Seano's fantasy....

83051928.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Good to see Sean still has it eh.... and doesn't Sean like them innocent

Suns out, hounds walked. Still loaded with cold so working from home.
    Poker with the gents later this evening, Date has her girls round so I am sure my wine shelf will take a hit.

And skip the Diet Coke for full fat coke - unless it is taste thing.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:
    Seano's fantasy....

83051928.jpg
    :lol: And the older sister, 26, invited me to her ping pong Christmas party this evening :D I'd better check with the Missus.

Ring ring....

Me: Hi sweetheart, I've just been invited to my train friends Christmas party this evening
    Missus:€%#}{*++€>~>€$¥+%#>€¥|~<^%
    Me: she's 26, slim, attractive and not appreciated by her long term boyfriend.
    Missus €€^}~<>++<~>$+*%!!!!!
    Me: Ok baby, I'll be home straight after work. :cry:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Ping pong party? :shock: Is that like Amsterdam-stylee?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:
    :lol: And the older sister, 26, invited me to her ping pong Christmas party this evening :D I'd better check with the Missus.

Ring ring....

Me: Hi sweetheart, I've just been invited to my train friends Christmas party this evening

Just don't tell her, don't answer your phone, and then rock up at home at 2 a.m. and refuse to answer any questions. That always goes well.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Ring ring....

Just don't tell her, don't answer your phone, and then rock up at home at 2 a.m. and refuse to answer any questions. That always goes well.
    The voice of experience?
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Ring ring....

How would I get back into the house at 2am?
  • Cold, shopping beckons.

I also need to replenish my log stack this afternoon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Back in the office after being out visiting a customer/supplier/competitor yesterday. Had a very nice pub lunch and I wasn't driving. Good job I put my bike in the warehouse before going out as we were a bit late coming back. It was the daughter's 16th so got dropped off at home as we were taking her out to see the new Star Wars film, very god if you are into Star Wars.
    Today is a bit of catching up and lots of cake. Christmas jumper day so lots of silliness going on and the company is buying cakes. Should only have a light lunch at the cafe then. Later is pub with the Mrs. Tomorrow is works Christmas bash, could get messy. Actually, not could it just will get messy. This is why the Mrs won't go.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Ring ring....

The voice of experience?

Not all at once, but an amalgam of all my best moments. :oops:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Feeling a bit tired after last nights musical outing and stop over in town.

I was persuaded by a few others to go along and see The Wurzels play at Islington Assembly Hall, which also involved drinking our own body weight in cider :) Support band was hilarious, playing some West country themed cover versions that had us p1ssing ourselves laughing. Even included a homage to Redcar, which Credence Clearwater Revival will never forgive - if anyone remembers their song from 'American Werewolf in London':
    "Don't go out tonight
    unless you want a fight
    ...there's a bad town on the coast" :D

I also remember my mate booking SLF tickets in the pub for sometime in March (Veronese take note).

Now got to go for our department Christmas lunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Ring ring....

The voice of experience?

Not all at once, but an amalgam of all my best moments. :oops:
    Do what I do and stay over in town if you want to have a laugh and not catch crap for it - free pass :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I also remember my mate booking SLF tickets in the pub for sometime in March (Veronese take note).
    Ta, might have a chat with a couple of others. Can you remember the date and venue? Shame the lad isn't back by then, had to send him a new T-shirt as his last one got nicked.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Think I've finally got over the Company do on Weds night. I'm older and wiser now so don't get completely shitfaced any more, but at my age it's the sleep deprivation that gets me. Very nearly asleep under my desk a couple of times yesterday.

Trying to work out how I can cram a final flurry of DIY and a lot of Christmas shopping / preparation into the weekend. Almost certain to involve a lot of shouting.
  • I've just done an Amazon raid for some shopping so that's a little bit more organization on my part, I bet the high street hates online around Christmas.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Need to start some of that Christmas shopping at some point
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just sittin’ around really while dinner cooks before playing dad’s taxi. Bambino has gone into meltdown because he had a late night at school disco last night, bambina has gone back to bed before going to scouts.

Going to drop her at scouts, do some weights, pick her up and have a beer. Rock n roll.

Have even lost enthusiasm for mischief making on the forum.

Apart from that, nothing much to repost from this side of the border.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Unpacked my Christmas wine delivery. The guy I buy most of my wine from has become an importer of one of the most interesting producers in the Languedoc. Very much looking forward to trying the half dozen different cuvees I have. Plenty of old favourites too.
    Mrs H3 out. Maybe pizza dinner.
  • Finished the penultimate week at work. Called to a meeting mid-afternoon, the agenda for which was "prep discussion for Monday's meeting". Hmmmm. *Checks calendar - no meeting on Monday scheduled, nor invitation pending*

Me: What's Monday's meeting?
    Boss: Oh, that's the workshop we discussed the other day with the client. It's organised for Monday. All day.
    Me: Who's running this workshop then? (I know the answer already)
    Boss: You. I'll send out the calendar request later.

FML.

Spent the remainder of the afternoon listening to Muse do sound checks in the nearby stadium for their concert Saturday evening.

Then home to a spag bol and a bucket of red wine, accompanied by Significant Other hiccupping continuously for hours. He's had minor surgery this week, and a tube in his throat is apparently the cause of the hiccups.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Then home to a spag bol and a bucket of red wine, accompanied by Significant Other hiccupping continuously for hours. He's had minor surgery this week, and a tube in his throat is apparently the cause of the hiccups.

Give him a cigar.

Me worked again me. Bit hectic around here. Need a couple of hours and the garage at PPP will be complete. It's looking peachy if I don't say myself.

'Kin' cream crackered me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    He's had minor surgery this week, and a tube in his throat is apparently the cause of the hiccups.
    Not a Supermassive Black Hole then? Badoom tish.