sungod Posts: 16,522
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym (maybe), cafe. wfh, buy stuff, tart about in a cloudy way, meh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, back to winter , a covering of wet snow that’s now turned to ice, the last of the shopping for presents today, followed by a couple of pints
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning fellas

Woken up an hour ago by the wind and rain, pitch black outside, having a coffee. Last day at work today before Christmas leave so tidy up a few loose ends, go to the gym, toddle home.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Got one school shut and the other open in Shropshire - as the wife has had to have the whole week off I've stepped in like a white knight and took the day off

So today is watching films, seeing if we can still sledge and into town for vinyl shopping
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    No signs of snow in the tropical South East.

Doing a bit of work at home, followed by trip to dentist then work. Gig tonight and cider will be involved - staying up in town so I may have to exercise some restraint. In other news, Stropteen got dumped by her boyfriend so I expect more stropiness than usual for a while - although I'm quietly relieved as they'd been going out for a year - far too long for 16/17 year olds. And she can now knuckle down to GCSE's rather than being on her ferkin phone messaging him all the time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    No1 son nativity play at 2pm followed by Works Christmas party.

I missed what happened to Stevo but I'm assuming it's a break of some kind. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:

I missed what happened to Stevo but I'm assuming it's a break of some kind. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Rotator cuff injury and or torn tendon in the shoulder - MRI next week will tell all.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Rotator cuff injury and or torn tendon in the shoulder - MRI next week will tell all.

Gah, hope it's not too bad.

Morning, office day. Made it in after we gritted the sheet ice yesterday before the snow arrived. Only a few inches and it was sleeting when I left, don't think it will be there when I get home. Waiting for the OH to confirm whether we can take tomorrow off to get p1ssed at the Edinburgh Christmas markets or not
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Day 4 of the 'flu belter and the worst night yet. Enjoying the prep for Christmas enormously. At least have a massive stack of logs cut and dry so I can huddle by the stove all day. Will need to gird up and get to the pharmacy in nearest town this afternoon.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lovely morning - overheated a touch as I gave it some gas for the first time this week. Plenty work to be getting on with, Department Xmas party later, which is some sort of murder-mystery event on site. I was going to duck it, but one of the 19 year old vocational trainees came round and was very persuasive. Well, she asked if I was coming, and I said yes, more or less immediately.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Lovely morning - overheated a touch as I gave it some gas for the first time this week. Plenty work to be getting on with, Department Xmas party later, which is some sort of murder-mystery event on site. I was going to duck it, but one of the 19 year old vocational trainees came round and was very persuasive. Well, she asked if I was coming, and I said yes, more or less immediately.

POIDH

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    Well played hop, little pre Christmas ego boost never harms.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Well played hop, little pre Christmas ego boost never harms.

I think it was actually her job - someone had put me down to be one of the role-playing characters in the event and she was making sure I'd be there. I wasn't but now I am, just because she asked and I didn't want to disappoint her by saying no. I am weak.
  • haydenm
    Tonnes of snow at Glencoe, there's talk of everything being open so the OH and I have booked tomorrow off. Just in time to injure myself for Christmas
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    urgh .... new knobblies on bike + knackered legs from Fulgaz = painful ride to work in the wind ... I was like riding a MTB in :D
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, fun morning on the phone to the bank some scummy chavs tried buying half of JD sports an Dominos with my debit card so that's irked me no end.
    On the plus side I'm now a team leader but at present I don't actually have a team to lead was trying to think of something witty but I'm lacking somewhat.

Kind of a mixed day I guess, another plus is all the bike parts I ordered have appeared, weirdly most were from the same eBay seller and they decided to pack each one separately, so ordered a pair of chain rings, front an rear brakes, a stem, a bar an seat post .
    So I have seven parcels when it could easily just have been two I'm confused is as good as when I ordered new wiper blades an got three giant boxes, one blade in each...

Also got stuck on the M1 just by Leicester last night heavy snow, down my way, just wet northerners get better winter weather than us I've concluded
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

No skiing then?

Got back from a quick break in Berlin yesterday, many beers were drunk.

Public smoking is still acceptable there, quite a shock as we've not been in a smoky bar for ages and it's pretty grim, everything smells the day after.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:

northerners get better winter weather than us I've concluded

:lol:

As long as you like unrelenting grey skies, ice, snow, sleet, endless darkness, howling north-easterly winds etc.

I'd rather it were 7 to 9 degrees and slightly damp, with a prevailing south-westerly breeze.

Northerners have nice countryside, I'll give them that, and you can probably get a "cuppa" for less than a quid. But people who you don't know, they talk to you in the street without being aggressive - it's inhuman I tell you.

Mrs H3 has arranged for us to visit her mother's family in Chesterfield in Feb half term, then go on to York for a couple of days. I'm dreading it tbh.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    TLW1 wrote:
    Got one school shut and the other open in Shropshire - as the wife has had to have the whole week off I've stepped in like a white knight and took the day off

So today is watching films, seeing if we can still sledge and into town for vinyl shopping

Been busy! Played in the snow with go-kart and nurf guns then into town via record shop - bought Liam Gallagher, needs atomic dustbin and the wonder stuff, I imagine the wife won’t be impressed
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Step83 wrote:
    I was in Manchester yesterday with standard Manchester weather - cold and rainy. Much preferred the clear(ish) skies and snow lying on the ground at home.
  • But the southerners, eurgh...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Another good Time Team today :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    But the southerners, eurgh...

Don't lump us all together...

Tomorrow would be the day to sack off work and go to Glencoe by the way, if they open the top lifts
  • Thanks for the heads up but I only got back in yesterday so faaaaarrr too busy :(

Probably thinking late Jan may the time I do it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    They are setting up a big partly crowd funded snow machine now I think, hopefully that will keep it running through any patchy periods
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No skiing then?
    Not sure yet, but it's looking iffy whether or not I have an op :(
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Step83 wrote:
    I was in Manchester yesterday with standard Manchester weather - cold and rainy. Much preferred the clear(ish) skies and snow lying on the ground at home.

It wasn't lying snow here, it was ice.
    Another bonus of being up north people actually no how to make tea down here I think most "tea" has at some point been shown a box of tea bags in photograph form only so you end up with warm watery milk.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    In other news, Stropteen got dumped by her boyfriend...

Were they shagging?

Well done H3, was she cute?

I like my tea weak and my women strong.

Me been working me. Again. Meh. Must arrange Wednesday off next week to take OH for a spin in the old banger and a spot of lunch if the weather allows.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Were they shagginng?
    Not as far as I know - that may be the reason. Plus peer pressure etc. Should find out over the next fee days via Strifey.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Were they shagginng?
    Not as far as I know - that may be the reason. Plus peer pressure etc. Should find out over the next fee days via Strifey.

If expected peer pressure was partly to blame for the split and I presume your daughter did not yield to that, then at least you know she has her head screwed on properly. If that is the case, fair play to her.

Strifey must be doing something right :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Were they shagginng?

If expected peer pressure was partly to blame for the split and I presume your daughter did not yield to that, then at least you know she has her head screwed on properly. If that is the case, fair play to her.

Strifey must be doing something right :wink:
    You cheeky git, you can't say things like to dad's of teenage daughters. We can discuss it further via pm if you like?