ebike conversion

slowbike
slowbike Posts: 8,498
edited December 2017 in Road buying advice
Ok - not a bike, but a trike ...

Looking for a 24" front wheel to convert M-i-Law's trike from pedal power to pedal assist - it's not going far, fast or offroad - so the 250w motor should be fine.

anyone got views on https://powerbikes.uk/ ? or other suggestions?

Comments

• slowbike
    :( noone got any suggestions?
  • These kits are really good value. If she doesn't need a huge range then just the 7Ah battery would be fine. You have a choice of either the Bottle or Pannier Rack Battery. I would always recommend to have the PAS and at least the LED display.

PAS will make it much nicer to ride than just relying on the throttle, more efficient too. The display enables you to control the power settings and monitor the battery level.

So £356.98 and you've got a conversion perfect for the Trike!

https://powerbikes.uk/shop/conversion-k ... rsion-kit/
  • slowbike
    Ah you found me ... :)

It's a Mission Trilogy 24" wheel - probably looking at 10-15 mile round trips, pretty much pan flat.

Whats the difference between the LED & LCD displays?
  • Slowbike wrote:
    Ah you found me ... :)

It's a Mission Trilogy 24" wheel - probably looking at 10-15 mile round trips, pretty much pan flat.

Whats the difference between the LED & LCD displays?

I was always good at hide and seek as a kid! :P

The 7Ah battery should be fine for that short journey if it's mainly flat. Should get about 20 miles out of it depending on terrain, weight, weather etc.

The LED Display is just a basic controller allowing for PAS power control (3 levels) and battery level display. However it does show your speed in Km/h which is a nice feature.
    led-shopping.jpg

The LCD Display is bigger and has a digital speedometer(can be set to kmh or mph), trip meter, timer, odometer and 5 PAS modes where the LED display has only 3. There are also extra functions it can perform which really aren't needed on the 250w front kits.
    lcd.png
    On the more powerful rear kits these displays are used to de-restrict them.

Hope this helps.

Richard
  • slowbike
    eBikes - or at least, their conversion kits - seem to be a bit of a ghost town in here...
  • No problem at all. I'm surprised at that. Both E Bikes and Conversion kits are massively growing in popularity.
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Slowbike wrote:
    eBikes - or at least, their conversion kits - seem to be a bit of a ghost town in here...

Just completed the Bikeradar survey and made the point about having an Ebike section. :D