cwmcarn - weather report

fat daddy
fat daddy Posts: 2,605
edited December 2017 in MTB general
Hello,

Anyone local to cmwcarn ? .. whats the weather like ATM .... i was due to go there tonight for a ride, but the BBC reckon its going to be -7deg.

Not sure if -7 and snow and nighttime is a wise idea ... or just leave it until next week when it will be back to dark and wet

cheers

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The weather is currently good. Clear blue skies but cold.
    No rain or snow forecast for this evening but temperature could go down to -8degC by 8.00pm.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    that kind of worries me ..... it doesnt take long for -8deg to escalate a situation if anything goes wrong at that time of night

Ah scrrew it, Its all down hill from the top ill take an emergency survival bag and extra tools ... thanks for the update

edit:

Al;though I have just read an email from the wife who normally doesnt mind me going telling me she isnt happy with the conditions :D .... perhaps I'll ride local and go next week after all .. its only going to be -2 here and minimal snow
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    It looks great up there. Twmbarlwm is covered in snow and it would be great to ride along the ridge in it.
    However, extreme cold and darkness increase the risk a bit too much, I think.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009