monday fire, i'll take you to burn

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,125
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

rainy out so hoping it's not icy, office of gmc, coffee, send out hit minion to eliminate useless hr minion, another coffee, sandwich, bail

need to sort out a dinner tomorrow with gmc punter of gmc, sales minion needs prodding to book somewhere acceptable
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, frosty, slippery out side the thermometer in the garden is saying -4 degs c, be careful if your out on your bike. I am just listening to radio 2 and they are playing the most wonderful time of the year, who are they kidding
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Snowed in.
    Mrs decided to tell work she couldn't come in. I don't think I could've managed another day in the house with her so I've tried to come to work.

Train seriously delayed. Got one half way and now in Weatherspoons waiting for the next one to work.

Big breakfast arrived, and train is due in 20 mins.

Beautiful day here though.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Morning

Snowed in.
    Mrs decided to tell work she couldn't come in. I don't think I could've managed another day in the house with her so I've tried to come to work.

Train seriously delayed. Got one half way and now in Weatherspoons waiting for the next one to work.

Big breakfast arrived, and train is due in 20 mins.

Beautiful day here though.
    I don't think you're going to make the train :lol: What's for lunch?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Morning folks,
    Bloody knackered this morning, had a terrible night's sleep with all sorts of nonsense going through my head. Now I'm supposed to be awake I just want to go to sleep. Wimped out of riding in and drove in as I was suffering a serious case of cba. Roll on 4:30.
  • sungod
    soggy and windycold ride in, snow/ice has melted, replaced by puddles and gales

gloomy out, can see the hyde park winter fair is all lit up, cant say i recommend it, rain blattering against the windows of the gmc edifice

coffee and croissant have revived me

need a holiday
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    going MTBing tonight after work so had to ride in in body armour and big knobblies ...... total overkill for a cold wet dark Bristol morning ... spent longer getting dressed than I did cycling in :D .... then died of heat poisoning on the way in .

Still depending where I go tonight it will either be -2 or -7 so I think its was worth the discomfort this morning for a nicer time tonight !
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Where's T47b lately?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Shockingly horrendous out there so sitting in my office drinking coffee and listening to tuuuuunes and don't intend to move, ever.

As an aside, does anyone know how you can log into a Flickr account without using a yahoo account - I set up an account last week using my work email but can't work out how to get into it - press the log in button and it directs you to yahoo email log in.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    t47b is probably being considerate so as not to depress us over the weather, plus he has tabbies to entertain

looks like it's my suggested dinner venue, hurrah, now to arrange pre-meeting with ex-minion in the champagne bar
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cold, windy and wet ride in. Rule whatever it is duly ticked off. Waterproof over alpha jersey over l/s merino over mesh vest = dry and warm top half. Wet cold everything else, except feet, which were wet and warm in sealskinz plus merino socks. Hopefully bib tights will dry by hometime.
  • Slightly less dead than yesterday, but still far from fabulous. Day off work, so an expensive dose of flu, and a waste of a nice day too.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, snowed/iced in waiting on a tractor to come an plough the roads so their semi useable, good six inches an its still coming down lightly.
    Work are non to pleased to I invited them to come to mine. Considering the road leading to mine kicks to about 18% gradient I doubt I'll need to put the kettle on for them.

So day messing with the dog in the garden if she decides to go out in it today.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    No snow here, WFH as I have a stomach bug. Went to Glencoe yesterday, not very much open but a stunning day albeit -9 degrees

Just took the fan off the top of the fire to see listen to the very noisy back boiler, managed to burn a hole in the rug because I'm a moron. Might watch league of gentlemen in a bit, I started it again on Friday night while the OH was out and I was in my pants. The OH hates it so I need to take my opportunities.
  • sungod
    rain has turned to snow, time to head home before ice forms i think!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just been outside.

Don't think I'll make that mistake again for a while.......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    Busy day, not made better by having man flu and having to take the dog out at 6.30am for a leak in the p1ssing rain and driving wind. Also some charity fundraising for Alzheimers UK, and least came away from that with a couple of bags with pics of the hound printed on them as Xmas stocking filler pressies for Stressbag and Stropteen.

Also sorted out my BUPA stuff for the dodgy shoulder and realised I'd signed up to another work health insurance this that will cover the dentist trip, recent eye test and the excess on the BUPA stuff :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Ice rink outside today.
    Gritter lorry driver decided to reveres into our Cul-de-sac but when he saw me pulling out, he drove off tot he next one! Cheers mate. So muggins went and got the shovel and I put some grit from a deposit point in the back of my van and did the job myself. F*ck 'em. Community spirit?! Nah, bollox - no one thanked me.
    After that, re roofed the garage at PPP in the cold but sunny conditions.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Evening, good news here its Minus 5c an the tractors not long done his second pass laying down a metric arris tonne of salt grit an stuff an left great piles dotted around the road so I might not die going to work tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Evening, good news here its Minus 5c an the tractors not long done his second pass laying down a metric arris tonne of salt grit an stuff an left great piles dotted around the road so I might not die going to work tomorrow.

If the worst comes to the worst, I really need a pair of cycling shoes - size 9.

Just sold some E Class wheels on fleabay to... wait for it... an employee of Mercedes F1 in Brackley :shock:

It's another odd one: Sold 32 x 1100 litre Wheelie bins to Amanda Calderwood, wife of ex-pro Scotland and Spurs footballer Colin Calderwood - my neighbour but one and I once sold 2000 litres of cooking oil to Shell Oil in Hull!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Long day of WFH, joined by a mate who was also snowed in

Kids had a ball sledging and then over to some friends to play, is it bad they were taken straight to the local for us to collect?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

Kids had a ball sledging and then over to some friends to play, is it bad they were taken straight to the local for us to collect?

Yeah - don't you feel guilty at all?!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Yeah - don't you feel guilty at all?!

Nope - kids had a ball
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

If the worst comes to the worst, I really need a pair of cycling shoes - size 9.

Just sold some E Class wheels on fleabay to... wait for it... an employee of Mercedes F1 in Brackley :shock:

It's another odd one: Sold 32 x 1100 litre Wheelie bins to Amanda Calderwood, wife of ex-pro Scotland and Spurs footballer Colin Calderwood - my neighbour but one and I once sold 2000 litres of cooking oil to Shell Oil in Hull!!

Thank its a weird day, an sorry youd have to pack news paper in the ends to take my size 12's