Cable routing in a Trek Domane slr6

learyr
learyr Posts: 7
edited December 2017 in Workshop
Hi, I need to recable gears on my Trek Domane SLR6 (year 2016). This inevitably has internal routed cables. My question is does anyone know if the domane frame has an internal 'sheath'/track which the inner cable will simply route along or are the cables simply loose inside so I need to use the usual internal cabling 'tricks' to route my inner cable? The Trek website does not clarify this.

Comments

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    As a rule, I tend not to comment on or offer advice about things that I know nothing about but new cables for my Synapse have been on my mind recently as I am going to need to do the job at some point in the future. Never having done it on an internally cabled bike, it occurred to me that a simple approach might be to cut the old cable at the shifter end, join it to the new cable with a length of [thin] tape and simply pull the new one through. However, if it was as easy as that, everyone would be doing it.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I have a 5series domane. That has loose cables. If you can fasten the new cables to the old as above.If you can't it is a bit tricky.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    I’ve got a 5.9 frame - the rear brake was the only difficult bit to be honest. The gear cables were very straight forward. Once I’d got the frame bung the right way around anyway!