Full Suspension Ebike Riders, Come In For A Chat :-)

neilvx
neilvx Posts: 137
edited December 2017 in MTB general
Well I first started off looking around for a decent enduro bike and then got me thinking, should I bite the bullet and just go ebike.

Can any ebike riders tell me what you think, what you have and how your getting on with it.

I do have walking disability and the climbs do kill me so I can already justify it haha, just not sure there worth it.

Many thanks in advance.
Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
Ribble R872 Ultegra
Skyway BMX

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    I don't have an ebike and am fortunate enough to still be able to ride with assistance.

Battery technology is improving all the time and I think it has matured enough that it is not going to be a waste of money buying one.

As for is it worth it depends on your value system.

If it makes the difference of going out into the country side and riding instead of vegetating in front of the gogglebox watching x factor then imo answer is Yes.

.... a day this would be better posted in buying advice section . ;)
  • neilvx
    I am attracted to the Specialized Turbo Levo which seems to get good feedback.
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX
  • Go for it! Too many variables to offer concrete advice, but, we've got two and absolutely love them (Giant Stance with Cyclotricity conversion kits)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Look up Chris Smith on Facebook. He's just started riding for Cannondale and has one of their ebikes.
    There are a few videos which show what it's capable of.
    I think they're getting him to promote the ebike more than the enduro bike at the moment.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =747730441
  • Neilvx wrote:
    I do have walking disability and the climbs do kill me so I can already justify it haha, just not sure there worth it.

Many thanks in advance.

If you're not sure they are worth it the best advice I can give you is to go and try a few. Every customer we have out on a test ride comes back with the biggest grin on their face! :D
  • neilvx
    I picked up a Specialized Levo Comp 2017 and love it. Like you say the first ride round the block had me smiling :-)
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX