Best Buff/Neckwarmer there is?

itaa
itaa Posts: 61
edited December 2017 in Commuting chat
Recently I bought a cheapo £2 neckwarmer to try this garment type out, and Instantly fell in love with it ( well with the idea/function of one ,not the crap synthetic one I bought).

Can you suggest which one is a really nice one, MUST BE Merino or Cashmere,
I looked at the Original Buff one http://www.wiggle.co.uk/buff-merino-wool/
however seems like its really really thin from the reviews online , my current cheapo is also really thin and it just lets the wind through... Must be something that is at least 55cm+ long, The Originall BUFF one is 65cm which would be ideal however not really sure if its suitable for any colder/windier days due to how thin it is.

I'm also playing around with the idea of just getting some cashmere jumper from thriftshop and making one myself as you can't really buy cashmere ones due to how expensive/rare they are, I have a few merino and a few cashmere jumpers, the cashmere is so so much warmer/better than merino when cycling even tho merino already is very gut material.

Comments

• Sorry, don’t want to sound like a troll but haven’t you already asked this and had several replies on both the forums you asked on? I actually replied myself on cycelchat. I say this In jest but your really over thinking this one!

The original buff is very good in cold weather.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    You can get fleece versions too. Paramo make one in a different material that might be worth a look.

I had a rapha Merino one but it felt the same as all the other much cheaper ones.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    My wool Buff is about 10 yrs old and still has it's shape. It's thin, but it's a warmer fabric so it works well. I think Buff are the longest model. They also make them for Wiggle under the dhb brand, and I think they are cheaper. If it's too thin,. put your current one on the outside of a merino one. Layering innit.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    itaa wrote:
    Must be something that is at least 55cm+ long,

Are you a baby Giraffe ?
  • seajays
    seajays Posts: 331
    Fenix wrote:
    itaa wrote:
    Must be something that is at least 55cm+ long,

Are you a baby Giraffe ?

Lol :lol::lol::lol:
    Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
    Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
    My Strava
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I have one that's Polartec fleece at one end and the thinner, stretchier synthetic stuff at the other. I wear it which ever way round the weather dictates.

I also have several simple synthetic ones which TBH are more versatile and get used a lot more.
  • The Polartec Buff is the absolute dogs. Not cheap but is brilliant.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I think mine is a Polaris one. Cost about a tenner, works fine.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/