Malaga

navrig2
navrig2 Posts: 1,844
edited December 2017 in Tour & expedition
A group of us are considering a 4 day trip to the hills to the west of Malaga. There seems to be a few route options but I was wondering if there are any recommended?

Comments

• andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    We had a few days there last year; the town itself is worth a visit, not too big but very historic and some lovely buildings and squares. I don't know if it will be West enough, but El Torcal De Antequera is lovely - some great roads leading to it, quite a climb to reach it and a very unusual landscape when you get there. Also the Montes de Málaga Natural Park is worth a visit too.
    Have a poke around here too: https://www.wikiloc.com/trails/cycling/ ... cycling&q=
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • Udder
    Udder Posts: 20
    I've never ridden to the west of Malaga but some of the roads to the east of it are some of the best i've ever ridden.

The A-7000 from Colmenar, which runs alongside the National Park is a great riding road. The decent on A-7000 through the pine trees of the park down to Malaga is particularly special - it corkscrews underneath itself via two tunnels at the bottom.
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Udder wrote:
    The A-7000 from Colmenar, which runs alongside the National Park is a great riding road. The decent on A-7000 through the pine trees of the park down to Malaga is particularly special - it corkscrews underneath itself via two tunnels at the bottom.
    Totally agree with this! Great views over the coast too.
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill