Laptop compatibility issues!!

tonysj
tonysj Posts: 391
Hi All,
I've bought a Tacx Flow SMART trainer and although I haven't used it yet, waiting for other bits to arrive, I've checked Tacx for their software as a friend uses Tacx 4 S/W but my laptop system would appear to be under equipped to run it effectively.
I'm not a techie person which you need to know but below is my laptop and its parts.

Toshiba Satallite C660-258
Windows 7
Intel i5 - 2430 CPU 2.40GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family ( 1809MB )
RAM 4Gb
64 bit system

Can someone with some knowledge of the Smart app programs, ZWIFT, T/R. BKool or any other tell me if my laptop will run it so its at least watchable.
I'm not fussed about having a All Singing and Dancing picture but would be happy with decent usable footage.

Thanks

Tony

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I reckon that will be ok for Zwift. You can trial Zwift for nothing for a week by the way. Just test it.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Yes try Zwift to check. There's also a good community on there who can advise. They know everything.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    As others have said, use the free trial and you will soon know if your laptop is compatible.

Don't forget you will need an ant+ dongle to connect the turbo to the laptop.
  • tonysj
    redvision wrote:
    As others have said, use the free trial and you will soon know if your laptop is compatible.

Don't forget you will need an ant+ dongle to connect the turbo to the laptop.
    Thanks guys I'm waiting for the ant+ dongle to be delivered then will do as suggested. Free trial and see if it works.

Are there any trainer software out there that are good but don't require a high/newish laptop to run good graphics etc?

Regards
    Tony.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    I would hazard a guess that only those apps which integrate your effort into a graphic/video will have a minimum requirement. The likes of TrainerRoad will probably operate on most relatively modern laptops.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    That should run zwift.
    You can have a search on Zwiftalizer to see if and what it will run zwift at.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Trainerroad is a lot more simple than Zwift and from what I've seen of the plans seems a better way if you are serious and just wanted to stick to a plan. Any laptop will work for that.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Sufferfest will also run no problem at all on your machine.
  • This is Zwifts min spec as per the website

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/arti ... _site=true

Sounds like your pc should work albeit with every thing turned down to minimum or close to it. Although your graphics chip is probably using mostly your main RAM and not dedicated graphics memory. This can effect how smooth it runs at higher detail.
  • tonysj
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    Looks like it may be ok but I need to try it for sure.
    I suppose as I have a garmin 1000 with cadence, speed and heard rate monitors I can just watch youtube/GCN videos if it's glitchy footage.
    Regards.
    Tony.