saturday couleur moi disparu mes amies

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to st p as we're progressing to strasbourg by train, works out faster than by air, and far more civilised

espresso and pastries in the lounge, then, once onboard, i shall impress mrs s by producing a bottle of bubbly together with bacon and egg toasted sandwiches - each sandwich containing five rashers of waitrose dry cured back, together with not one, not two, but three fried eggs (this feat is made possible by leaving out much of the pointless white bit)

barring porterhouse blues, that should sustain us to the tunnel, may then have to demand they bring us the finest wines available to humanity, in case of emergency, i also stashed some tawny port and cognac in my big wheelie case

enjoy things, go for rides, have cake, be nice, except to cake stop nazis, them you can gut like fish
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Dad duties last night as the wife had her Christmas party, stayed up till two to make sure she got home safely. Woken at 5:30 by hung over wifey stumbling around in the kitchen for a glass of water. Kids also woken by hung over wifey so on dad duty again while the wife sleeps :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Good night in the local last night

Today is a small drive down to Brighton to see Liverpool play, later depends on the traffic back
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning or should that be Bonjour?, after a week of no road riding the weather is more favourable today, which is nice
    No pub today I have to drive this evening, but there’s always tomorrow
    Have a good weekend
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

off to st p as we're progressing to strasbourg by train, works out faster than by air, and far more civilised

espresso and pastries in the lounge, then, once onboard, i shall impress mrs s by producing a bottle of bubbly together with bacon and egg toasted sandwiches - each sandwich containing five rashers of waitrose dry cured back, together with not one, not two, but three fried eggs (this feat is made possible by leaving out much of the pointless white bit)

barring porterhouse blues, that should sustain us to the tunnel, may then have to demand they bring us the finest wines available to humanity, in case of emergency, i also stashed some tawny port and cognac in my big wheelie case

enjoy things, go for rides, have cake, be nice, except to cake stop nazis, them you can gut like fish

Sounds like a most excellent train journey. I like longish train journeys. Enjoy the Christmas market.

I have the school Christmas fair. Long dog walk also on the cards. Maybe as it's my birthday I'll be allowed to clean my bike.
  • sungod wins today
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Happy Birthday Hopkinb!

We're apparently suffering through a "significant weather event", meaning it's rained a bit today. Bit of a change, and not really that much of it, just a nice steady light rain.

Spent the day dismantling bikes and packing them away in boxes to be moved. All done, just need a few wheel boxes. Getting ourselves organised well ahead of time for once.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being had. SG’s day sounds good, especially the sandwiches. I’d happily gut cake stop nazis if I could, in the meantime I’ll carry on pointing and laughing.
    Day of pottering I think, need to get Christmas decorations out of the loft. I know it’s early but the Mrs does them at this time as it’s the anniversary of when her mum shuffled off. At least it’s December. Ooh, next beer from the advent calendar due.
    Happy birthday Hopper, have a good one. Enjoy your day everyone.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    sungod wrote:
    ...far more civilised.

Yes indeed.

Sounds like you'll need those spare parts sooner rather than later.

Finally the funds from that property sale scam in Australia have come through. On the plus side, homelessness in Oz is not too bad as it doesn't' rain much.

Today toots watch me. They are croaky and sick but not too sick not to cause general mayhem. Sneezing has already resulted,in some snot hitting the deck.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Happy 50th Hoppy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Happy birthday Hoppy, enjoy the non-dry day.

Good lie in 'till 9.30 then been blitzing the to do list which mainly involved driving round buying stuff and getting my hair lopped off. Now have the footy on sport radio while waiting for lunch to materialise.

PS: anyone heard from Garry?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Good lie in 'till 9.30 then been blitzing the to do list which mainly involved driving round buying stuff and getting my hair lopped off. Now have the footy on sport radio while waiting for lunch to materialise.

He was training call centre Walla's in India in average 56 deg heat and commuting by taxi 4 hours a day and is just back..

I think we may have lost him to space and the cosmos. He's reading a lot of it apparently.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

He was training call centre Walla's in India in average 56 deg heat and commuting by taxi 4 hours a day and is just back..

I think we may have lost him to space and the cosmos. He's reading a lot of it apparently.
    Tell him to stop being an anti-social git.

Presume MF is away on tour btw?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I even called him a w@nker but even that didn't help.

MF is almost always AWOL, no matter where he is surely?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

True, just depends whether he's posting or not.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

True, just depends whether he's posting or not.

I don't think they get internet access at the funny farm.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Happy 44th Hopkin! :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    Yay! the birthday bunny has turned up.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    S'up?

Chauffeur driven car, not taxi.

Standard of debate in here is very poor. Sharpen up.

BTW Hoppy birthday happy. You don't look a day over 43.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    S'up?

Chauffeur driven car, not taxi.

Standard of debate in here is very poor. Sharpen up.

BTW Hoppy birthday happy. You don't look a day over 43.
    He lives!

Hope it hasn't been too hot and/or the Dehli Belly hasn't lost you too much weight, as you wouldnt want to go negative.
  • tlw1
    Great game for Liverpool in Brighton and the traffic gods were kind - just shy of 500 miles in 7hrs

Even better news, been left in the pub by the family
  • tlw1
    Happy birthday hoppy
  • pinno
    I remember going to a Brighton and Hove Albion game in 1991/2 season and there was grass growing between the cracks in the concrete terraces.
    They have come a long way.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    I remember going to a Brighton and Hove Albion game in 1991/2 season and there was grass growing between the cracks in the concrete terraces.

Yep - one of the best stadiums I've been to
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cheers for all the birthday wishes. Just had a lovely dinner with Mrs H3. Kids party tomorrow. Bleh.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Must have been a great atmosphere. Did you go down as a faux scouser or a saaf coast geezer?
    (and being Brighton, a cross dresser perhaps?)
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Must have been a great atmosphere. Did you go down as a faux scouser or a saaf coast geezer?

Suited and booted with the prawn sandwich brigade
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Please, don't get him started so soon after his senseofhumour-ectomy :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Please, don't get him started so soon after his senseofhumour-ectomy :)

The square vote is in the lead.
  • Stevo_666
    FTFY :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FTFY :wink:

You still haven't told me why you think I am jealous.

Have a think about it when you are commuting to work tomorrow :wink:

Perhaps it's you who has had the sense of humourectomy.