friday proving the riemann hypothesis with doughnuts

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cold

gym, cafe, wfh

must pack, off to strasbourg with mrs s to see crimbo market and overindulge (more) for a few days, may need a new liver and pancreas, should ask pinno where he gets his spares
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing here over last nights rain and snow, very slippery underfoot as I found out whilst walking the dog.

Have a good weekend Sungod, Strasbourg is a lovely place.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Need a new liver after last nights text to a pal to see if he wanted to go cycling and as he had quit his job we ended up in the pub

Today is off to Yorkshire to see one of the newly purchased companies followed by dad taxi and back to the pub
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    mr s got me a dark choc advent calendar!

nom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Mmmm, doughnuts.

1st of the month, full of snot.

Upside, back check shows I have 80km left to do to hit my annual target.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

cold
    ^ this
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    orraloon wrote:
    Mmmm, doughnuts.

1st of the month, full of snot.

Upside, back check shows I have 80km left to do to hit my annual target.
    I could snot for England today. Think I might play on it a bit and try and get out early.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Not as cold as expected, but more of a block headwind than expected. It's my birthday tomorrow, so off to get sausage baguettes/fancy French cakes for the team. I will also get myself a coffee. No snot to speak of, but a bit of a cough.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's my birthday tomorrow, so off to get sausage baguettes/fancy French cakes for the team.
    I tend to get a box of pork pies to break the cake monotony.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning. I rather ambitiously laid all my riding stuff out last night and set my alarm early, woke up this morning wondering what the hell I was thinking picking a dark, minus 4 degree morning to ride to work for the 3rd time in 3 years...

Currently drinking coffee and buggering about waiting for the inevitable panicked phone call from my boss to do a load of work for the client audit of which today is the final day. OH offered me the last ticket to a kids panto (we don't have kids) tonight so I made up some rubbish about being busy so I need to think of something or she will get suspicious.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Day off today so planning a ride with the Mrs.
    Unfortunately she's logged on to do out of office and got tied up in a call.

More coffee.... and wait
  • Phil485 wrote:
    Unfortunately she's logged on to do out of office and got tied up in a call.

Unless she's saving lives, then tell her to rush it on
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's my birthday tomorrow, so off to get sausage baguettes/fancy French cakes for the team.
    I tend to get a box of pork pies to break the cake monotony.

They had run out of sausages, so got hot salt beef baguettes with mustard and pickles for 2 of us, and slow cooked shoulder of lamb for another. Cakes for the girls at their request.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Morning folks,
    At the hospital with the old man. Bit of a role reversal as he sat with me a few times when I had my chemo a few years back. It’s a bit fancier than the room I had mine in, more bells and whistles.
    The Trump thread has taken a strange turn. Goo seems to think BNP and Britain First are not right wing enough. He probably thinks Stevo is a liberal. Where’s MF when you need him?
    Opened the first door of my advent calendar, bottle of Buxton SPA. Put it in the fridge for later, pub with the Mrs should also feature.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I was tempted by a flavourly beer advent calendar but £50 seemed too much, even if it was £2 a bottle or so
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The Trump thread has taken a strange turn. Goo seems to think BNP and Britain First are not right wing enough. He probably thinks Stevo is a liberal. Where’s MF when you need him?
    Not sure I could tolerate insults like that. May pop over and have a look anyway as the Leftie/Euro/Tax haven bollox threads seemed to be taking a bit of a breather :)

The sleep debt has built up this week, although taking the hound into the back garden for a leak at 6.30am with only a dressing gown to keep me warm kinda woke me up. And it's lie in time tomorrow morning as junior doesn't need to be taxi'd anywhere for a change. May just doss, drink cider and plan the skiing holiday tonight: just got another half days tax dodging to get through.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cold and stuff but it's a glorious day out, got some logs to collect and then I have the joy of babysitting for an hour or so.

80's themed party tonight so I've just blown a full set of plotter cartridges on printing a Club Tropicana poster.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Sorry Stevo, you get my point though. There is some proper lunacy going on over there. I don’t think political ideology is measured by number of deaths. Very strange.
    Went to the pub with some mates this afternoon as I needed to unwind a little, then met the EPO at another pub. Now Home and feeling snoozy for some reason.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, farcking cold out walked the dog she was none to pleased till it started snowing which gave her something to try an bite.
    Spent most of the week broadbandless thanks to talk talk being totally inept many rides ridden as ive been off this week and many man points accrued for tasks about the house being done, much wielding of the drill etc etc, still now off to some festive village light turning on.
    Apparently doing a countdown an turning the kitchen light on doesnt have the desired affect.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    TLW1 wrote:
    Today is off to Yorkshire to see one of the newly purchased companies followed by dad taxi and back to the pub

The 'Eebagum motor parts company' [up norf, est 1892 by Wilfred Rightbottom the 3rd] by any chance?

Me drove to Johnstone me. Lovely place. Great scenery - must be a set for a Hollywood Armageddon blockbuster. Got the train back.

I got my bits from the really good body parts shop SG.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!