Giant Trance Suspension Bearings

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited November 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All

Would any of you be able to save me some time, I'm going to replace the bearings in my suspension linkage in a 2015 Giant Trance 1, would anyone know the size of the bearings in the yoke that attaches to the shock mount and the rear triangle/swinging arm ( bearings in all I think ), if you know the size it would just save me taking it all apart to find out the size and putting it back together to ride this weekend and then take it back apart to fit the bearings.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    I have a TranceX (2009), not sure how much they have changed since then.
    Shock top: hula hoop bush, size depends on shock eyelet
    Seat tube: 6900 each side
    Seat stay: 6900 each side

I think you can see the outside of these bearings without dismantling everything so you should be able to get the number. Some bikes came with caps that covered up the bearing, but I imagine these are simple to take off.

If you don't get any luck from anyone else, someone like BETD should be able to tell you which ones you need.
  • Thanks for the reply.

It's the bearings in this piece I need ( This isn't a pick from my bike but gives you the idea ) the others are as you say easy enough to see.
    qzm9n4M.jpg
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    iwilldoit wrote:
    Thanks for the reply.

It's the bearings in this piece I need.
    On the TranceX those are 2x 6802 and 2x 6902.

A quick google came up this: https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index. ... st-2989248 .
    Removing the bolts to check might be the only way unfortunately.