wednesday porterhouse blue in the refectory

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited December 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

a bit delicate after the night's feasting, office, coffee, maybe a mince pie though i suspect the blood sugar/insulin thingy is not in favour

maybe do stuff, or just default to grumpy and contemptuous, but less tolerance
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, were do I start, blowing cold northerly wind, with a bloody good mix of sleet and rain, so it looks like the rollers again when will it all end
    Besides that porridge and coffee for breakfast
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    cold cold cold ride in thanks to arctic headwind and almost every set of lights going red before i got to them

had a croissant with the first coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH after a manic few days and thankfully the kitchen fitter can’t make it today. So sat near the aga with some warmth in the house - we really need to put the heating on ;)

Rugrat is officially a Kevin today - so out later to the hell hole franky and bennies
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Chilly, but dressed correctly, so all fine. Nothing much doing for me, keeping my head down, fetching coffee shortly, and could well be tempted into a mince pie. Mrs H3 and mini H3 have their birthdays tomorrow, so must remember to buy cards.
  • Pre Christmas diet is going well, for every 100g I lose now I can eat more cake over the festive period and still come out on the other side wearing the same clothes.

Got up at 6 for a turbo session, got back in bed.

I may venture into the works later but by god it's cold out there.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Chilly, but dressed correctly, so all fine. Nothing much doing for me, keeping my head down, fetching coffee shortly, and could well be tempted into a mince pie. Mrs H3 and mini H3 have their birthdays tomorrow, so must remember to buy cards.
    Mini was born on Mrs birthday! What an awesome present :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Was glad of the numbing cold on my cycle in because of the two broken toes on my right foot (lost a fight with a wooden chest) but the foot is starting to thaw and the pain returns.
  • seanoconn
    The thread title has inspired me to cook a nice steak this evening, basted in butter and infused with garlic and rosemary.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning!

Nice and cold and crisp today here.
    Hopefully it will stay nice and clear tonight for a bit of mountain biking.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn wrote:
    The thread title has inspired me ...
    Who the fark are you? Thought you'd disappeared into a basement with old A77.

Morning folks,
    Quite busy here this morning, got a finger wagged at me by my boss earlier. Not in the best of moods so nearly shoved his finger where the sun don't shine. Although he seems to believe the sun does shine from that particular orifice of his. Tired and grumpy as I was woken up at 5am by the Mrs being violently sick. Bloody inconsiderate, but I thought it best not to ask her to keep the noise down. Didn't manage to wobble in today as I got back late last night and had to beach the car on a yellow line. Thought I'd be glad of the warmth but the traffic was rubbish so I regretted it. Just need to get through the rest of the day without killing anyone, I may not manage it and I know who the favourite is. Might go and have another coffee.
    Oh, don't fight furniture Seano, it always wins.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Beautiful sparkly day here and bits and bobs to do.
    Work today, pedal tomorrow after Toots Number 1 quarterly meeting where we discuss how much of a happy plonker she is and is doing well. So well that meetings used to take an hour and a half and now they are down to 35mins.
    I hope some fooker brings pastries to liven up what is normally a dull affair. Perhaps that fooker could be me.

Funny how the mention of birthdays and weddings brings the camp but faux Irishman out of the cupboard.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Its turning out to be a nice day, I wonder if I should book a "site survey" whilst the sun is out...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Tired and ill this morning. Lovely cold/crisp day but I still have a cold plus asthma/allergy from hardcore DIY on the weekend. Going climbing this evening so maybe I'll feel a bit less crap after a bit of exercise
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mini was born on Mrs birthday! What an awesome present :D

Where've you sprung from?!

I thought so, Mrs H3 was less convinced at the time, and even less so now, as a kid's birthday will always take precedence over an adult's! It was also at 11.55 p.m. - we tried to get the midwife to fudge the records and make it 12.01 on the 1st, but she wasn't having it.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    The thread title has inspired me to cook a nice steak this evening, basted in butter and infused with garlic and rosemary.

What time do you want us round?
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I'll let you know next time we're having carp cheeks and pickled cabbage.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Evening Peeps,

Long day at work, off out shortly for some well deserved food & drink with mates. Hopefully we'll find somewhere that has a bit of footy on the box. Had enough of transfer pricing and tax audits for now, murder may be an easier option.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Went on the Tour de Brewery yesterday at work. Then another 2 hours in the warehouse with over 19,000 pallets of the stuff.

No samples. Oh the inhumanity of it all.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    No samples? Put in a complaint.
    Wife is watching Masterchef and listening to the over flouncy descriptions of the food the one that struck me was “pulled duck leg”. How do you pull a duck’s leg? Surely they wouldn’t understand the joke.
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I'll let you know next time we're having carp cheeks and pickled cabbage.

Yes let me know... even us cue balls have to wash our hair some nights.
  • ballysmate
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Wife is watching Masterchef and listening to the over flouncy descriptions of the food the one that struck me was “pulled duck leg”. How do you pull a duck’s leg? Surely they wouldn’t understand the joke.

Probably a pattern to be found here. Wives watching shite on telly, blokes slink of to t'internet...
  • pinno
    My OH is bloody snoring right next to me.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:

Well at least she ain't snoring underneath you, which would be a dent to the self esteem.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Well at least she ain't snoring underneath you, which would be a dent to the self esteem.

Given the fact that she is 14 years my junior, it's the other way around.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    OTOH, maybe the ducks would quack up at the joke? :mrgreen:

I’ll get my coat.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Given the fact that she is 14 years my junior, it's the other way around.
    Table tennis student falls in love coach?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Strange, I had Pinno down as being in his early 20s...
  • seanoconn
    He has the body of a 90 year old.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    seanoconn wrote:
    He has the body of a 90 year old.
    We can rebuild him...we have the technology. (If anyone remembers the 6 Million dollar Man)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I got two metal hips - what more do you want?

No Seano.