tuesday college feast at porterhouse

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, do stuff, blah blah blah

later go drinking, drinking and eating, and drinking, swan stuffed with widgeon etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Lack of sleep thanks to hotel heating and having m6 amount of movement in the corridor

Swim now before a decent pig based breakfast. Later is big presentations followed by catching up on the work I've avoided for a few days whilst preparing
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, do stuff, blah blah blah

later go drinking, drinking and eating, and drinking, swan stuffed with widgeon etc.

You're going to stuff your widgeon in a swan? The queen will have your head for that...also be careful around the swan, they can break your arm, let alone your widgeon.

Similar blah here, but no interfering with water fowl.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, white over with frost here in Lincoln, bloody chilly to say the least.
    No birds will be consumed here today , although a brace of pheasants and partridges have been ordered for christmas
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning. Cold again today, WFH for an hour or two to catch up on some emails then off to some woods for a meeting. As the fire and chimney breast were still warm this morning it would have been rude not to get it going again so now I'm drinking coffee and staring at the fire. Unfortunately I'm being roped into a conference call so I'm sitting listening to the hold music until they turn up at the other end...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    Morning folks,
    Not too bad out this morning, a tad chilly perhaps. Park gates are still locked until 8am which is dull, did wonder why there were a few people waiting outside the gate at just after 7. No conference calls or interfering with fowl (wild or water) for me today. Just going to keep my head down and try not to fall asleep.
    More coffee might help. Eek! What's that horrible ringing noise? How do I make it stop?
    Bloody customers calling me and asking questions, honestly.
  • haydenm
    Conference call didn't happen in the end, one of the key participants is still at his BVI mansion :roll:

I have to say, huddling next to a fire trying not to freeze to death in my house on a Scottish hillside really highlights the pay disparity in this organisation...
  • Thank phuck cyber monday is over.

Spent nothing but bought everything in the waffa 50% sale
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    Spent nothing but bought everything in the waffa 50% sale
    I only bought half the stuff to make it free.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    HaydenM wrote:
    Conference call didn't happen in the end, one of the key participants is still at his BVI mansion :roll:

I have to say, huddling next to a fire trying not to freeze to death in my house on a Scottish hillside really highlights the pay disparity in this organisation...
    Apply for his job?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Lack of sleep thanks to hotel heating and having m6 amount of movement in the corridor

Swim now before a decent pig based breakfast. Later is big presentations followed by catching up on the work I've avoided for a few days whilst preparing
    Good luck with that mate. Always a relief when they're over, especially if you don't balls it up.

Seems to be stupid questions from commercial teams week, they are starting to annoy me now. I've allowed some mild sarcasm to creep into my replies but will resist going further unless some one can top the last one which was 'Ooh can we have an urgent call with you, our supplier has said we don't have to pay VAT on this kit if we order through their Swiss company' :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... our supplier has said we don't have to pay VAT on this kit if we order through their Swiss company' :roll:
    It'll be fine if you ship it to Dublin then via Northern Ireland. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... our supplier has said we don't have to pay VAT on this kit if we order through their Swiss company' :roll:
    It'll be fine if you ship it to Dublin then via Northern Ireland. :wink:
    Maybe I'll just tell them that and see what happens :) I couldn't be bothered to explain it makes naff all difference so have got the minions on the case.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Me swanned off to middle earth with the hedge strimmer in the old banger and dropped it off to that town where the slightly taller than short people live me. Lovely drive in the sun even if it was low in the sky and there was snow on the higher pygmy country ground.
    Had a ploughman's. Wrong time of year but fook it. Nice crusty rolls - still warm.

Tomorrow limbo as I am waiting on building supplies for PPP and can't go far.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Apply for his job?

I'd love to make the jump into the investment side but I've never managed any massive banks/investment funds before so I'm not really qualified. I'll just continue shouting at trees :wink:
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    I'd love to make the jump into the investment side but I've never managed any massive banks/investment funds before so I'm not really qualified. I'll just continue shouting at trees :wink:
    Shouting at trees sounds like a lot more fun than wearing a suit and acting like a cnut.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Shouting at trees sounds like a lot more fun than wearing a suit and acting like a cnut.

Hee hee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Don't worry I act like a cnut, no doubt about that! Maybe it's just an ingrained personality trait with me though rather than an occupational requirement :wink:

If I was in investment I'd like to work on the acquisitions side to add a bit of forestry knowledge to what we buy so I don't have to try and make money out of a load of crap forests but hey ho...
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Hee hee.
    Better than being a scruffy one :wink: