New to the forum, figured you might like my bikes...

Dan Chase
Dan Chase Posts: 6
edited December 2017 in Vintage bikes forum
Hi all,
New to the forum, have been cycling for around 2 years (apart from everyday as a kid, started again when I was 43), having spent a fair number of years a weightlifter then runner (yep, that really hurts after a while...).
Started with a rather good Canyon Ultimate which was mainly due to my height at 6`3" and being available in xxl, obviously rather dull matt black but a very capable steed.
However, it was just, a bit.... dull. So sold that and have picked are some rather more exciting steeds:
1998 Bianchi Megapro Mercatone Uno replica - 100% rebuilt from bare metal, 9 speed campag super record titanium and all the trimmings that make them the most beautiful bikes ever made...
1999 US Postal trek 5200 - came as bare frame so fitted a spare full set of Campag 9 speed because they are just awesome, refreshed as winter bike with lights and mudguards because it looks cool but Lance is an ass.
2012 Pinarrelo Dogma, very special bike, way, way better than I could ever hope to get it to perform, 10 speed Di2, carbons and tubs.

I ride 3 times a week and take the one that lights my fire that day - full real deal kit to match, not a fan of the black stuff, the Pantani kit is epic and the most comfortable, go figure.

If anyone can explain an easy way of getting pics on here I`ll post some up, Dan.

Comments