Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 2018 or Cannondale Supersix Evo Ultegra 2018

tasos_a
tasos_a Posts: 10
edited November 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Can you please let me know your opinion on the below 2 road bikes otpions?

Cannondale Supersix Evo Ultegra 2018
https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale- ... ra-2018-... (link is external)

Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0
https://www.canyon.com/en/road/ultimate ... l-8-0.html (link is external)

My "concerns" for the supersix are 1) the external wiring, 2) the crank and 3) the wheels.

Thanks

Comments

• Will either of them be a better fit than the other?
  • Will either of them be a better fit than the other?

Is the correct answer.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Well, I cannot test the Canyon of course since there are no retailers, so I will never know :)
  • Both pretty uninspiring tbf.

Almost worth getting a better AL frame with better groupset and wheels.
    ULTIMATE AL SLX 8.0 AERO or CAAD12
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tasos_a wrote:
    Well, I cannot test the Canyon of course since there are no retailers, so I will never know :)

No, but you can compare the geometry to whatever you're riding at the moment, see what the closest fit is.
  • I bought the SL 7.0 in September and I think it's a great bike! Paid £1,250 - at the time the bike you are looking at was called the 9.0 and I think it was about £1800
  • I am looking for a new bike to, and i almost made my choice. The Canyon Ulitmate CF SL 8.0 (di2 version). I think that for the money there is no other bike that will give you more value. Most of the bikes in this price range will give you very bad wheels, just like the Cannondale you mentioned. What i also dislike about the mentioned Cannondale is the external wiring, which $2500 + bike still has external wiring these days? The crank is one Cannondale made, i prefer the Ultegra cranks because of the looks, but i don't think the Cannondale crankset will preform worse. You were stating you cannot test the Canyon bike, but you can, in fact you can try it for 30 days, and if you aren't satisfied, you can return the bike to Canyon(at least in the Netherlands).

So, if it isn't clear yet, i would go for the Canyon bike unless you are a big Rigoberto Urán-fan :lol: