Raceface crank boots make hole bigger

arnieA380
arnieA380 Posts: 59
edited December 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys

Iv just recieved my raceface crank arm boots for my carrera vulcan bike but one of the holes is too small

Does anybody have any ideas on best way tp make the hole bigger, iv tried scissors and a knife but doesnt seem to work

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    So I know what you are on about, boots are the small silicone rubber covers that go over the end of the crank, held in place etc via the pedal spindle

Surely both are the same so the holes are the same too? If not, then send them back.

Otherwise mark the correct size hole with a biro a different heat up a piece of wire to melt the hole out

Actually thinking about it maybe the material stretches around the spindle to keep the boot in place hence the hole being smaller .
  • On each boot their is hole is smaller then the hole the pedals screw into so when i boot the boots on
    The pedals do not go back on as they wont go through the small hole of the boot
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Right way round?

But why bother?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The hole at the Back is smaller. The hole at the front should be fine for your pedal spindle to fit through. Have you got them the right way round ?

Google pictures of them to make sure.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    cougie wrote:
    The hole at the Back is smaller. The hole at the front should be fine for your pedal spindle to fit through. Have you got them the right way round ?
    r/quote]

Yes that puzzles me as well, it should be possible to stretch the boot over the shoulder on the spindle before fully tightening the spindle
  • o my word so dumb

yep your right i was putting them on the wrong way around sorry guys thank you for your help anyway and why bother?

i bother as i want to protect my bike the best i can
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Nice work on coming back to update anyway !
  • no problem always update people