Best wheelset for second bike?

supers
supers Posts: 33
edited November 2017 in Road general
I've just bought a new bike, so I've now got 3 wheelsets.

I'll put my Zonda C17s on my new bike but am wondering out of the following to put on my second bike:

Fulcrum Racing Sports
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/WPFURSPO/ ... r-wheelset

or

Shimano RS010?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-rs010-a ... r-wheelset

I can see the Shimanos are very slightly lighter and I have been using them before I got the Zondas, but the new bike has come with the Fulcrums.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If I've understood you correctly - you've got both wheelsets? So try both and decide for yourself..
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    What do you use the bikes for. What's the difference between them ?
  • supers
    Imposter wrote:
    If I've understood you correctly - you've got both wheelsets? So try both and decide for yourself..

Because if everyone on here tells me the Shimanos are better, then I could sell the Fulcums as new. Besides, changing a casette from wheel to wheel is just annoying.
  • supers
    cougie wrote:
    What do you use the bikes for. What's the difference between them ?

Fun, n+1, old one is a CAAD8 and the new one is an R872.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    SuperS wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Because if everyone on here tells me the Shimanos are better, ,,,,,,,.

I suppose if someone tells you the world is flat you'll believe them?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    SuperS wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Because if everyone on here tells me the Shimanos are better, then I could sell the Fulcums as new. Besides, changing a casette from wheel to wheel is just annoying.

There will be sod all between them, they are both basic cheap wheelsets pretty similar weight and close in spoke count. Pick either, it really won't matter.

If they were more like the league of your Zondas people would come along saying how their's "spin up well" and are "bombproof", the usual crap, but in this case you wont hear rubbish like that because none of the wheel upgraders are buying either of these cheap basic wheelsets.

Pick either, get rid of the other. If you need someone to flip a coin for you I am sure they will.