Sacrilege

term1te
term1te Posts: 1,462
edited November 2017 in Vintage bikes forum
I went to get my bike from the station yesterday evening after work, and locked up next to mine was a Colnago Carbitubo, early 90s? Carbon tubes, aluminium lugs with two downtubes. Beautify black and dark red paint job. But, it had horrible thick plastic flat pedals, not one, but two clip on rear mud guards, both so bent they’d offer no protection at all. Corroded no name chainset and a bottle cage bodged onto the pair of downtubes. The wheels looked original, Mavic MA3 rims, but the hubs were so dirty I couldn’t make them out. I thought about hanging around and making the owner an offer for it. The frame looked so sad, especially with the pedals off a child’s bike. The lock (pink plastic coating) looked like it came from the pound shop, so I don't suppose it is there today, even if the owner didn't turn up.

I’ve always said I didn’t want a carbon framed bike, but I’ve been inspired by the Italian beauty fallen on hard times and now have a new plan for the next retro build...

Comments

• cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    If its still there strap a note to it saying contact you if they want to sell...