edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, feeling grumpy

yawn, and tired
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet through just walked the dog about a mile from home the heavens opened up, so a cuppa and a bowl of porridge are being consumed whilst writing this, another day for the rollers by the look of the weather
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Decent sleep after shoot commute and now rollers yesterday, I wonder if they are linked

WFH today, so get to see the kitchen progress.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Cold, wet, windy so driving in and going to the gym. Then will pack final bits of kit to go away and drink coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    drove but wished I cycled.
    windy but not as bad as it sounded through the bedroom window.
    More really important to other people stuff to do, home then taxi service to the twins.

May zwift really late
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    mild dry walk to gym, soggy cold walk back from gym, now even grumpier

on the plus side http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42081278 though they bizarrely omit real coffee from the list

coffee next
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Windy windy. Fighting the bike home last night and in this morning. All a good test of bike handling skills I suppose. Every day's a school day and all that.

Off for black filter coffee in a minute, and a handful of mixed macadamia and brazil nuts.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Ice on the car this morning which was nice after a few days of warmer wet weather. Pickup is in for a service today, can't say I'm impressed with the new one they have lent me for the day, even if they give me a fantastic trade in price I can't take another 2/3 years in one. Office day. Coffee time.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Phil485 wrote:
    drove but wished I cycled.
    Quite the opposite for me. Wobbled in through the wind, started a bit of light rain as I got to the end of the road. Half a mile later the heavens opened. Mind you the traffic will be bad tonight so I'll be glad of the bike.
    Traditional Thursday mild hangover is in evidence, I'm already three cups of tea and a couple of bourbons in so will switch to coffee now. Resisting the urge to murderise someone, not sure why I bother resisting. Surely it's their fault if they ask for it.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Woken at 3am this morning by the house alarm going off, obviously the front room window doesn't appreciate being battered by the wind.

Up again at 6am for a quick Zwift session before work and now off out for a site meeting.

Looks like PPs are 99.9% complete, just a few bits of tidying up and then I can have my life back on the 1st of December.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Blimmin hell its cold and windy.

Eating as soooo hungry. Will pop down to the 7/11 in a bit to get some more food. So hungry.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing, no ice wind etc here just bright an wet roads so general lack of being able to see while driving into work.
    Today is Friday for me thank god, some kind of issue seems to be brewing so im staying well away from that as itll no doubt blow up at some point.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Client audit next week, I really really really wish I had filed all this paperwork properly...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Afternoon,

Winter's back - nice and fresh this morning.
    Dirt jumps and BMX track on the way into work this morning.

Seems to be a severe case of slippery shoulders going around the office today. I've just got a cold.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    The post restaurant trip to the vodka bar got a bit messy. Slept through my alarm and luckily got a call from someone who noticed I was missing just in time to make the first presentation of the day :)

Now sat at Gdansk airport waiting to head back to Luton...going to be tired when I get home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Just cranked on some Fatboy Slim and about to have a sneaky Pastis before dinner with bambini as Nina is out again.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I'm bored. I get home. I shower. I eat. I help with the kids, wash bike kit, fiddle with my bike for a bit, clean my chain maybe. Then I stare into space, while Mrs H3 gawps at her phone. I did an extra crossword last night. Maybe I need a new TV series. Maybe I'm just massively dull, and booze just fills a void. Either way, meh.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm bored. I get home. I shower. I eat. I help with the kids, wash bike kit, fiddle with my bike for a bit, clean my chain maybe. Then I stare into space, while Mrs H3 gawps at her phone. I did an extra crossword last night. Maybe I need a new TV series. Maybe I'm just massively dull, and booze just fills a void. Either way, meh.

How about lots of masturbation to fill that void? It's a past time that you can do anywhere, any time. Mrs H shopping for new shoes? Wait in the car and do some hobbying . Boring people round? Go to the garage and do some hobbying

Versatile. Cheap. Enjoyable. What's not to like?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Good idea. I'm off to do some hobbying.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just to help you - let's say give you some inspiration.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Bicycles AND Nina! She's even fingering the rim. :D

Making jasmine tea that I found in a cupboard.
  • Matthewfalle
    Great, innit? I think that She may also be playing with the nipples.

Hot chocolate and Blue Peter here. Rock 'n' roll. May go and smash myself in the face with a bit of wood.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • At least 6 different kinds of weird going on with you lot.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Ooh. eTap hydraulic groupset is down to a whisper under £1400 on wiggle. Wonder what Mrs H3 would say? Maybe I'll just get toe covers, inner tubes and some Halo sports wash.
  • hopkinb
    At least 6 different kinds of weird going on with you lot.

:lol:

Giving my liver a break. All this spare time. I should think of something productive to do.
  • veronese68
    Boring people round? Go to the garage and do some hobbying
    Why go to the garage? Think about it for a moment. Do your hobbying in front of the boring people and there are two possible outcomes either of which is a win.
    They may be appalled and leave. They were boring so that’s a win. Alternatively, they might like it and join in. Actually that’s only a win if they’re hot. But that could be a mahoosive win.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ooh. eTap hydraulic groupset is down to a whisper under £1400 on wiggle. Wonder what Mrs H3 would say? Maybe I'll just get toe covers, inner tubes and some Halo sports wash.
    Have you seen my thread on the Viner frame? I need it, or to be talked out of it.
  • veronese68
    You say that like it’s a bad thing.
    Good news on the house sale by the way.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    You say that like it’s a bad thing.
    Good news on the house sale by the way.
    Ta. May have timed it badly but sold is AWESOME.

Weird is a good thing usually. There can be exceptions.

Buy the Viner. You deserve it.
  • hopkinb wrote:

:lol:

Giving my liver a break. All this spare time. I should think of something productive to do.
    Why? Despite a dangerous fixation with aprons and recipes, you still have a tenuous grip on the Man Card. That means you are expected to fiddle about, waste time, and above all NOT be productive in any way.

Or, come pack up my house. That job scares me.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Have you seen my thread on the Viner frame? I need it, or to be talked out of it.

Sure you said you had sign off for a bike. Anyway, buy it, hang nice things on it, we can go for a pedal, and find cake.