wednesday we got twenty five rifles just to keep the population down

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,551
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

alright, here it is, again, and it's called, 12xu, oh, hang on, no, ffs, flashback, it's the st. p eurostar lounge, resisting temptation to have a glass of plonk, espresso instead

going to meet with mon vieil ami gmc punter of gmc for a bit, head back, possibly via intoxicating lunch

will there be fresh madeleines in the gare du nord lounge on the way back so that i can channel proust (by scoffing madeleines, sod the rest of it)

om
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Different commute than my Birmingham one!

After yesterday's day of meetings today is meeting prep with a little meeting chucked in

Later is the rollers again and camping style food as the kitchen is still some way from finished
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, no commute for me at the moment, blowing a gale here this morning with some rain, so it looks like I will be on the rollers as well
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    i've had espresso, pain au chocolat, yoghurt, juice, filter coffee, croissant

but there's no bacon, it'd be so much better if there was bacon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looks like pedalling is optional on the way in, but the way home may be something of a grind.

Bagel and marmalade for breakfast with espresso.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just sitting here with a coffee in my bibs and underlayer about to go and wake up bambino.

Freezing cold and well windy out there so Assos jacket comes out.

And for today, here is is. Innt she lovely.

getimage.aspx?regionKey=VpLzODwtsLuDSx0cIUGjVw%3D%3D&scale=100
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Morning

Drive to work. Oats + milk + Galaxy hot chocolate powder for breakfast.

Off to play in a cellar later, but someone's nicked the proper camera so all my photos will just be of darkness.

Would rather be sleeping.
  • Matthewfalle
    Dying. Far too overdressed. Phhucking Assos and their mega warm soft shell jackets.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Back in the office after a couple of days tree-shouting in Argyll/Campbelltown. Wet, wet and more wet. Terrible night sleep in a hotel on Monday night but the food was good at least.

Rumblings of role change at work for me, potentially dressed as a promotion to avoid annoying line manager. Certainly a payrise in all this pussyfooting about...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Dying. Far too overdressed. Phhucking Assos and their mega warm soft shell jackets.

Well, if you don't want it...

What sort of time is 8.45 for waking up Bambina?! Hasn't she got nursery/school/community service to do?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

What sort of time is 8.45 for waking up Bambina?! Hasn't she got nursery/school/community service to do?

Sure that post was at 7.45. I thought now we're back on GMT, the post time is back to normal for me. In the summer it was an hour out. I kick mini H3 out of bed at 7.45 and plonk her in front of a bowl of porridge.

I was in short sleeves & 3/4s this morning, started with arm warmers, but shed them after 3 or 4 km.

I was right about pedaling being optional, but I pedaled anyway, and got a few pots on Strava, which is rare on the standard commute. Top speed of 59 kph. Whooosh and whom whom. Putting it in the granny ring on the way home mind you.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Different time zone here, innit ....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Sure that post was at 7.45. I thought now we're back on GMT, the post time is back to normal for me. In the summer it was an hour out. I kick mini H3 out of bed at 7.45 and plonk her in front of a bowl of porridge.

I was in short sleeves & 3/4s this morning, started with arm warmers, but shed them after 3 or 4 km.

I was right about pedaling being optional, but I pedaled anyway, and got a few pots on Strava, which is rare on the standard commute. Top speed of 59 kph. Whooosh and whom whom. Putting it in the granny ring on the way home mind you.

Lucky git . I also have to come cycle home overdressed so will be dropping gloves and underlayer, so just bibs, leg warmers and knee warmers. Still probably boil myself to death.

Nice whooshing H3 - don't tell any of the usual suspects or they will accuse you of trolling.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    59kph in the big smoke is pretty good, not for the speed more for the balls to go that fast with so many tin cans on the road.

That ^ was one hell of a 'Bambina' mix up !?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    59kph in the big smoke is pretty good, not for the speed more for the balls to go that fast with so many tin cans on the road.

That ^ was one hell of a 'Bambina' mix up !?

Big wide bus/cycle lane, no buses in it at the time. I only cycle fast if it's safe.
  • hopkinb

Nice whooshing H3 - don't tell any of the usual suspects or they will accuse you of trolling.

:D

I can always post screenshots. Tbh I don't really trust the speed data I get, but this isn't one of those gps anomalies where the average speed is higher than the max speed.

Also, tailwind + my being a big unit = sail effect. :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Off to play in a cellar later, but someone's nicked the proper camera so all my photos will just be of darkness.
    Depending on what you get up to in the cellar be careful what you do with the pictures. That's why Josef Fritzel never took his family photos to be developed at the local chemist.
    Took the car in as giving the Mrs a lift home later cos she's not feeling well and I'm a nice husband. Clearly this has nothing to do with me being lazy and wimping out due to feeling particularly meh. I do believe today is Wednesday so I should go to the pub later.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Sold.

Phaaaaaaaark.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    Still trying to decide whether to get a black convertible Perfetto for £100, or get the bright orange long sleeve for £139. It should be a pretty simple choice but black clothes and poor weather might not be so safe, even with lights... Hooray for interweb deals
  • HaydenM wrote:
    Still trying to decide whether to get a black convertible Perfetto for £100, or get the bright orange long sleeve for £139. It should be a pretty simple choice but black clothes and poor weather might not be so safe, even with lights... Hooray for interweb deals
    :roll:
    Buy both. You just got a pay rise!?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:

If it's dark, it's reflective bits and good lights that make the difference. Get the convertible. Much more versatile. Spend the £40 on an additional front or rear light?
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    :roll:
    Buy both. You just got a pay rise!?

Doesn't change the fact that black is more dangerous in poor weather, and I have the mental age of a 6 year old and bright colours make me happy...

No payrise annoucement yet, I'll hold off on the buy button for now :wink:
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

If it's dark, it's reflective bits and good lights that make the difference. Get the convertible. Much more versatile. Spend the £40 on an additional front or rear light?

Good point, I've got some decent lights for lanes/night mtb so it'll be fine. I'm surprised the convertible has come down so much as the rrp is stupidly high

Dare I go for my usual size small...?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I swear Castellis sizing is not human, I take large in most jeserys, Castelli is XXL unless I stop breathe out an not back in again.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    I swear Castellis sizing is not human, I take large in most jeserys, Castelli is XXL unless I stop breathe out an not back in again.

That's what I'm worried about, I have some castelli bib tights which fit well, maybe a bit tight on the straps but not uncomfortably so. Looking on their size measurements my chest size fits a small but I am still expecting to not be able to breathe
  • Matthewfalle
    Or get a few and just return the ones that don't fit?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Perfetto/gabba whatever it's called this week should be worn tight. It's quite stretchy. However, I'm a large in almost everything, but XL in castelli. I do have one castelli item in L, and it's a bit of a squeeeeeze, though the zip does do up and stay up! There's a bit more give in an Alpha jersey size-wise - enough for a long sleeve merino baselayer. I wore my short sleeve gabba this morning with a dhb polypropylene base layer.

Where's the convertible for a £100 Hayden?
  • haydenm
    Link: https://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do ... lsrc=aw.ds

The description seems to be talking about the perfetto light but still.

I'm bang on a 92cm chest even through my shirt so I think a small will be fine, just need to stay off the pies

Speaking of pies, my neighbour dropped round an 800g piece of gala pie yesterday, chutney and pie for lunch today...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Sold.

Phaaaaaaaark.
    You mean that nice house you saw the other day?

Finished work in Gdansk, my presentation to the assorted finance directors seemed to go down well without sending them to sleep :) Off out shortly for dinner cooked at some place where the winner of Polish 'Masterchef' works apparently. Hope the Vodka is good...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...with a dhb polypropylene base layer.

Were you arrested for Rustling?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sold.

Phaaaaaaaark.
    You mean that nice house you saw the other day?

Finished work in Gdansk, my presentation to the assorted finance directors seemed to go down well without sending them to sleep :) Off out shortly for dinner cooked at some place where the winner of Polish 'Masterchef' works apparently. Hope the Vodka is good...

That'll make a change from Beans on Toast.