Tacx Bushido suddenly stopped working - firmware update

CptKernow
CptKernow Posts: 467
Just thought I'd share my experience from yesterday.

All set up to go for 90 minutes overs/unders whilst the wife and kids were out. Turned on TrainerRoad on phone and Zwift on PC. First noticed BT connection to phone was only relaying speed (no power). On the PC Zwift was picking up my ANT+ HRM but nothing from my Tacx Bushido.

After half an hour of turning things on and off and swearing lots I decided to check the firmware. It was a fari bit out of date so spent the next 10 minutes waiting for it to update.
As soon as this was done everything worked fine again.

Weird thing is it was absolutely fine a few days ago with the existing firmware...

Comments

• EBEB
    EBEB Posts: 98
    I also have Bushido. Thought I was on the latest firmware, but would need to check - there could be a really new one.

The one time my machine stopped working it was because one of the round side bits had unclipped and all I had to do was push it in. I had been doing single leg exercises and guess I clipped it. Bit surprised how easily it fell apart and wasted lots of time trying to get it to work when all it was was a loose wire.
  • EBEB wrote:
    The one time my machine stopped working it was because one of the round side bits had unclipped and all I had to do was push it in. I had been doing single leg exercises and guess I clipped it. Bit surprised how easily it fell apart and wasted lots of time trying to get it to work when all it was was a loose wire.

That's how mine arrived. Took a fair bit of scouring the internet to get it working....