sunday on the worldsheet of some heterotic string

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,552
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

seems to be even nippier

off for a long ride out to t' sticks to determine whether there are mince pies south of the river, only through exploratory ventures such as this, beyond all possibility of civilisation, can human knowledge be advanced
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Our course is fixed SG. Unless you are hoping for some revolutionary alteration to your gene's, that's as fast as you will go around Hyde Park, so you had better just accept it and get on with it.
    Soz mate.

Me got toots me. Swimming later.

Tomorrow...tomorrow is another day.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

seems to be even nippier

off for a long ride out to t' sticks to determine whether there are mince pies south of the river, only through exploratory ventures such as this, beyond all possibility of civilisation, can human knowledge be advanced
    I did see some roadies ride past with their noses turned up this morning...

Good night out with some of my old Uni lot last night, unfortunately we didn't make it round all the pubs on the list as this was Islington so half of them turned out to be poncey North of the river gastro pub jobs full of beardy fashion victims. And the blokes were even worse. Anyhow I survived: not so sure about those that were staying up in town.

Anyhow, average day ahead with a bit of packing for a trip to Poland in the week. Time for another coffee for now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just chillin' and browsing for new tubs, chain and cassette for the good bike - choking on some of the prices for these things that people deem acceptable.

Remains of Edwyn's Thai from last night for lunch - he knocked up some utterly delicious beef thing that I am salivating over.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Just chillin' and browsing for new tubs, chain and cassette for the good bike - choking on some of the prices for these things that people deem acceptable.

You get what you pay for, tight git. You can always buy some 105 stuff from the land of the Nissoyotaclonewagon.
    Perhaps use some of the money you have saved by shifting it abroad :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Afternoon folks, traditional slow start has been had. About to head into Kingston to pick up some bits and bobs as the Mrs isn’t feeling well. I’m sure it’s a ploy to get me to go into town. Off to see the ‘rents later. Bloody cold out.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    pleasant mince pie at greenwich, did the rest of the ride chomping a zipvit bar, they are so much chewier when cold

traffic in london snarled up yet again, lots of awareness-deficient veering going on
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

You get what you pay for, tight git. You can always buy some 105 stuff from the land of the Nissoyotaclonewagon.
    Perhaps use some of the money you have saved by shifting it abroad :wink:

Git. :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Great night last night spoiled by our friends have the heating on full blast all night - even the wife was warm and sleeping without covers

Managed a very nippy early ride unlike my mate who I drank the port with - get a Great picture of his kitchen to tease him with later

Then had a full English and then met up with the lycra mates and did a nice detour ride home

Now cold watching the eldest play football. Later is the local
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Enjoyed Paddington 2 and a pizza. Now batch cooking like a champ.
  • Matthewfalle
    Any of you lot used new Tiagra - tempted to get shifters, crank and rear mech for winter bike as I only have brand new Ultegra going spare in the garage and I don't like the winter bike that much.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Afternoon , a cool start here but at least the the sun came out,
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a Passort, or driving licence?
  • Stevo_666
    Any of you lot used new Tiagra - tempted to get shifters, crank and rear mech for winter bike as I only have brand new Ultegra going spare in the garage and I don't like the winter bike that much.
    Drop into the tax thread when you have a minute - just been debunking this 'moral' bollox which will annoy some of the moral guardians of the galaxy :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Drop into the tax thread when you have a minute - just been debunking this 'moral' bollox which will annoy some of the moral guardians of the galaxy :)

HEading cross for a gander now - just munching on some Thai food.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...Tiagra...

[Insert puke emoticon]
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    ...Tiagra...

[Insert puke emoticon]

Just thinking that I can spend the difference between that and 105 on stuff worth spending money on- it's only going to get covered in crack and chucked down the road.

It's still having carbon 58s on it though. Imposter would explode at the joy of whom whomming through the rain.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

covered in crack and chucked down the road.

whom whomming through the rain.

Scrape off the crack and either smoke it, or sell it. Wales must be a happy place if a ride coats your bike in crack.

Whom whomming fcuking rocks, rain or otherwise.
  • hopkinb
    Done a couple of red cabbages braised with next door's donation of cooking apples off her tree, butter and spices. Lovely with a bit of ham, or belly pork. Plus all that ragu. Smashing. I love a Sunday afternoon in the kitchen.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Done a couple of red cabbages braised with next door's donation of cooking apples off her tree, butter and spices. Lovely with a bit of ham, or belly pork. Plus all that ragu. Smashing. I love a Sunday afternoon in the kitchen.
    Someone should confiscate your Man Card. :D

Sunday was good but it’s already history. I had swims, some quality sun time, and most importantly, did nothing that even resembled work.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hoppy, you've just got married. Why have a dog and bark yourself, as the old saying goes :wink:
  • hopkinb
    I'm a much better cook...
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm a much better cook...
    That's what she's duped you into thinking.
  • hopkinb
    Ah no, she will happily eat a microwaved frozen doner kebab. I would rather starve. She's ok, but I wouldn't trust her to fill the freezer, or chop an onion. My mother was and is an incompetent cook, so my brother and I learned to cook at a young age. He's made a living from it, and I'm a slightly obsessive amateur.
  • Stevo_666
    You'll just have to be extra incompetent at washing, cleaning, ironing etc then. I can't cook much at all, so when she can't be bothered to do her job I outsource it to the local Thai/Italian joint :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Any pics of norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    The other thing is that Mrs H3 works a lot harder than I do. Modern family, we all pull our weight here, less what we outsource.
  • hopkinb
    Any pics of norks?
    Big uns.

iihara_nao_resort_boin_drawn_by_happoubi_jin_a00e2d8f0b7bc331d695467e9a027931.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    The other thing is that Mrs H3 works a lot harder than I do. Modern family, we all pull our weight here, less what we outsource.
    Fair point.

Strifey doesn't work so I've earned my right to be domestically idle.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

Ditto. I do most of the evening meals. I don't do much ironing. However, it would be nice to have a break once in a while.
    So i'm chucking the family in the van and coming down to yours for Christmas dinner.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    hopkinb wrote:
    Someone should confiscate your Man Card. :D
    I was thinking of asking him if he wants to spend a Sunday afternoon in our kitchen.
    Stumbled across a new boutique beer shop in Kingston, seems a strange concept. But I bought a few to try and mentioned it to my wife as she wants hints for Christmas presents.