thursday at little storping in the swuff

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

rashly volunteered to do some analysis of an aspect of gmc's global stuff, and separately to explain to gmc punter of gmc how to do their own business as they are possessed of less than 100% of clue, that's time i could've spent doing something more productive, such as having toast
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Weekend is edging closer :)

Today is a longish commute, so a later night.

Hopefully get on the rollers again as project pub avoidance - managed last night even though the kids had arranged to go to the local with their friends....... impressed
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pedaling in today, will get a longer pedal in on the way home from work.

Bit of running around to do today but nothing major, will try and increase coffee and water consumption as I fell like I have, well, consumption.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    mild-ish out

cafe tiem
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks,
    Not much of a Thursday morning hangover today as I only had a few. Managed a wobble in this morning, very mild so was a bit warm by the time I got in Bike will definitely be the best way to travel later as it's Christmas lights turn on in Kingston, I can barely contain my excitement. Hoping for a quieter day today, I somehow doubt it will happen.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Do you know what makes one bright eyed and bushy tailed, and more rapid with greater ease on the velocipede? Not boozing. I dunno how I forget this. Every. Time.

Aaanyway, productivity will be high, fewer greasy snacks will be consumed, the crossword will be crossed, and all will be right with the world. Unfortunately I have the school quiz night tomorrow. I love a quiz, but I don't like this one, but Mrs H3 makes me go. The only school dad who I have managed to get to know and get on with has managed to wriggle out of it as well, by looking after both of our daughters. Normally I'll dull the pain by getting p!ssed, but it's going to be faced sober tomorrow. Fuggit.
  • Day 4 of my first paid employment in months. I've done well to make it this far without murderising anyone. However, I am beginning to get wear marks on my head from face palms...

Dinner out in local club this evening. Far too much food, so currently sat on the sofa in blimp mode.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Me going to do some work me. Well, that's the plan.

No toast for me today as I will be passing the pastry isle soon...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, bright start lots of sun out, still lots of sun but its not especially warm out. Now appear to have a second job strictly when needed which is handy with the date that cannot be named looming on the horizon.
    Trying to cut down the amount of coffee I drink, going well ive only had one this morning, though it was a double espresso with two extra shots, so I am technically drinking less coffee, its just more concentrated.
    Tonight is to be a night of mild DIY as I need to fit a new blind after the other half told me the dog decided to try an run off with the cord, shes now going back in her cage at night, and the dog as well.

I hear pastries calling my name due to Pinno mentioning them, toodles.
  • This weeks alcohol free spell will be broken tonight with a trip to the pub after a short run.

Mrs HD has made carrot cake as it's someones birthday so all is well in the world.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Managed to get back to Blighty yesterday evening despite the dimwit taxi driver getting lost in Antwerp and then managing to drive past the airport entrance despite having her ferkin satnav on :roll: Have to confess I wasn't sure either as it looks like a large shed.

Anyway, a good pedal in this morning woke me up. Will make an offer to clog wearing minion that I interviewed yesterday so fingers crossed that he accepts. Otherwise part of this morning spent trying to decipher messages from the KOFFA (Kingdom of far far away) and steering them away from some particularly stupid ways of funding bits of the group that need it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Managed to get back to Blighty yesterday evening despite the dimwit taxi driver getting lost in Antwerp and then managing to drive past the airport entrance despite having her ferkin satnav on :roll: Have to confess I wasn't sure either as it looks like a large shed.

Anyway, a good pedal in this morning woke me up. Will make an offer to clog wearing minion that I interviewed yesterday so fingers crossed that he accepts. Otherwise part of this morning spent trying to decipher messages from the KOFFA (Kingdom of far far away) and steering them away from some particularly stupid ways of funding bits of the group that need it.

Any pics of her norks?

I'm off for a bicycle ride and an air cut. Toodles.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Ffs. Just seen a weather report where instead of a predicted temperature for the day, they had a nice coloured map indicating the probability of exceeding the median temperature, plus or minus. So, the bright red bits were at least 50% likely to exceed the statistical average for the area that day. Meaning of course theres an equally almost as likely chance it will be cooler than the average.

Nice to see our tax dollars being spent so wisely producing this stuff. :evil:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Ffs. Just seen a weather report where instead of a predicted temperature for the day, they had a nice coloured map indicating the probability of exceeding the median temperature, plus or minus. So, the bright red bits were at least 50% likely to exceed the statistical average for the area that day. Meaning of course theres an equally almost as likely chance it will be cooler than the average.

Nice to see our tax dollars being spent so wisely producing this stuff. :evil:

Does it matter when the weathergirl is cute... oh, hang on. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePG6zUYvUZg
  • pinno
    I have been researching Ozzie weather girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQn3KU6niY