Cannondale Synapse Alloy Sora 2017. Bb30 or bb30a? And options to fit 105 crankset

galego
galego Posts: 15
edited November 2017 in Workshop
Hello
Could anyone check what bb my cannondale synapse alloy sora 2017 comes with and what my options to fit a 105 crankset are?

I bought a whole 105 groupset and looking to fit it but scared about touring the fsa vero crankset which it is now there as it is not giving me any hassle and I hear people talking about creaking in their bb...

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Galego wrote:
    Hello
    Could anyone check what bb my cannondale synapse alloy sora 2017 comes with and what my options to fit a 105 crankset are?

I bought a whole 105 groupset and looking to fit it but scared about touring the fsa vero crankset which it is now there as it is not giving me any hassle and I hear people talking about creaking in their bb...

A quick look at the specs states that the BB is an FSA cartridge which means that it is a threaded square taper BB and that the FSA Vero chainset is therefore also a square taper.

https://www.scotbycycles.co.uk/1285/pro ... LEQAvD_BwE

That would seem to suggest that there is no need to fear the dreaded creaking as that problem generally comes with pressfit BB30 type bottom brackets.

If the BB is threaded then my advice would be to leave the FSA chainset in place and ride it until it or the BB bearings fall apart, Then you can fit your 105 chainset with a standard Howllotech 2 bottom bracket to replace the FSA square taper.