edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office coffee meetings webexes, the gmc vortex of meh

i suspect a roast beef and horseradish baguette may be called for
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild but wet I am pleased to say the wind has dropped, granola,banana, and a cuppa tea to start the day.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Coffee on the go, then head to work and the gym, take it from there I reckon.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Meeting with auditors, then training some people.

Bright side, will get a free lunch

Later is rollers again, but longer than last nights 30 mins as I forgot we had parents everning
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    13 mile mountain bike trail commute to work this morning ... nothing says good morning quite like purpose built drop offs and berms .. even if they are rather tame.

Very muddy though .... hoping it will dry and fall off before I have to put the clothes back on again
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sore legs after flogging myself up a few short steepish hills last night meant a spinny pedal this morning. Dog wanted a p!ss at 2.30 a.m., which was a pain, seeing as I'd chucked her out of the back door at 10.30 and she just stood and looked at me until I let her back in again. Not much on the cards today - a spot of work, maybe more of that than usual - a few meetings, a couple of calls - that sort of guff. I was correct in assuming that yesterday's crossword would be chewy, but I finished inside the hour, so I'm hoping to carry that form into today.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    third coffee of the day, roadie dropped in the shop for its free service, should have cleaned it first.
    Hand still fucked. weather meh, pub and quiz later instead of trainerroad.

Hope everyone else is alive and well.
    Ciao
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Waddya done to your claw?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    broke a couple of bones back in July. Should have healed by now but still cant grab the brakes properly
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Flâneur wrote:
    third coffee of the day, roadie dropped in the shop for its free service, should have cleaned it first.
    Hand still farked. weather meh, pub and quiz later instead of trainerroad.

Hope everyone else is alive and well.
    Ciao

Who the farq are you?! (someone had to do it).

Wossup Flan? Engaged, married and then divorced in the time you have been away and the house ownership debacle not sorted yet?

Me going pedalling me but delayed due to inclement wevver and PC nonsense in the Brexit thread that had to be sorted.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, dull misty start today seems to have cleared to just dull and grey. excitement for the day was the firealarm "breaking" so it was stuck on. Excitement over herded back into the office, security with cattle prods etc.
    Later off out speak to a local bike place about doing some work for them out of hours, fingers crossed.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Flâneur wrote:
    broke a couple of bones back in July. Should have healed by now but still cant grab the brakes properly
    Eurgh, that's dull. Reckon it was over 3 months for my hand to get anything like back to normal. Have they sent you to a hand physio? I did use it as an excuse to get a new bike with discs. Hand still doesn't like the cold and can get stiff if I don't wear gloves as soon as the temperature drops. Hope it heals properly for you.

Another busy day for me, had to just shoot out and buy some cakes funded by the company. I went to make sure cakes were bought and not sushi or sticks of celery and some dips. I would have kept it within budget but I got a punnet of grapes as well to keep the killjoys happy. Off out for lunch with the Mrs in a moment then pub later.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

ouch ! hope all gets sorted soon.

any pics of norks by any chance?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Experiencing the joys of a Belgian traffic jam on the way to Antwerp airport having interviewed potential minions. Also very tired on account of noisy early morning deliveries in the street outside the hotel last night. Hmph.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Got shouted at by a builder for not understanding his instructions on the way into Edinburgh this morning. Unfortunately I'm not fluent in indecipherable hand gestures from 50m away but he was fluent in being a condescending dickhead when I politely asked what the matter was. Luckily for me I am fluent in swearing out of the window of a moving car so now I feel like a big man.

Tree-shouting interview went unexpectedly badly so I expect to be applying again next year and blowing another load of fees. I get the feeling they took a pretty dim view of my work despite the fact it's the only part of the industry that makes any money and effectively subsidises all the fluffy stuff. I'm interested in that stuff too but letting that colour my professional judgement is against their own code of ethics... not bitter though, I promise
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    having interviewed potential minions.

Nork pics?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nork pics?
    It would be moobs in this instance...but I see you're getting into the BB way of thinking.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:

Tree-shouting interview went unexpectedly badly so I expect to be applying again next year and blowing another load of fees. I get the feeling they took a pretty dim view of my work despite the fact it's the only part of the industry that makes any money and effectively subsidises all the fluffy stuff. I'm interested in that stuff too but letting that colour my professional judgement is against their own code of ethics... not bitter though, I promise

do you want me to send someone to explain the error of their ways to them?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nork pics?

10 days of marriage is all it took :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Bored meeting all day today however there were mince pies!

Back to PP#4 as bloody Dunelm forgot to include the integral pieces of a blind that hold it up to the ceiling.

Then a night run.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nork pics?

10 days of marriage is all it took :)

If you recall, I sent a pic of some bird's butt whilst on honeymoon...
  • hopkinb
    Given up after a brief dabble on the paradise papers thread.

Off home for pies.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,554
    one of the gmc cousins on the day's final webex asked if we celebrated thanksgiving

i said "well, we give thanks that you're all on holiday and we get some peace"

there was a loooooong pause while they worked it out, followed by much hilarity, i suspect they thought that i was joking
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    one of the gmc cousins on the day's final webex asked if we celebrated thanksgiving

i said "well, we give thanks that you're all on holiday and we get some peace"

there was a loooooong pause while they worked it out, followed by much hilarity, i suspect they thought that i was joking

:D
  • pinno
    Some filthy tw@t left his bike leaning up against my house.

b9779fd39adacd6c6da92255c1d01f0c.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Said tw@t had been climbing some steep mountains given the gear ratio!

Nice paint job under the mud. :D
  • Mismatched bottle cages. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Mismatched bottle cages. :roll:

Pi$$ off.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Said tw@t had been climbing some steep mountains given the gear ratio!

Said tw@t is just feeble but hey, they have given him a pre-op wotsit referral for the 6th of December.
  • Pinno wrote:

Pi$$ off.
    I’m already 12000 miles away, how much further do I have to go??? :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Pi$$ off.
    I’m already 12000 miles away, how much further do I have to go??? :D

Fair point. Any chance of you posting a pic in the caption comp.?