Giant Propel, now with wheels and white bar tape

burnthesheep
burnthesheep Posts: 675
edited January 2018 in Your road bikes
It's a Propel Adv. 1 with 105 trim. The shop built it up to be able to get the PA1 colors with PA2 components. Got rid of the OEM crank for an actual 105. Giant PSLR1's converted to 11spd in 50mm x 21mm w/ DT Swiss hub.

What gives with the seat color wearing off? Before buying a white Fizik or something, does this happen to a lot of saddles?

Don't mind the steerer tube. It gets cut soon. :)

37677065144_25e914078e_h.jpg

Comments

• Love the white seat and bar tape, set's it off well. :D
  • ollaay
    ollaay Posts: 166
    Oh yeah, looks the business.
  • Id want my money back from whoever cut that steerer down and wrapped that bar tape
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Id want my money back from whoever cut that steerer down and wrapped that bar tape
    Why don't you read what the OP has written before making banal comments, the steerer hasn't even been cut yet!
  • Sorry, but with the swap to a tiny negative angle stem and a low seat it looks like you are making a too large a bike fit you. And agree with the bar tape being wrapped by a blind man.
  • Mickyg88 wrote:
    Id want my money back from whoever cut that steerer down and wrapped that bar tape
    Why don't you read what the OP has written before making banal comments, the steerer hasn't even been cut yet!

Then you may as well run it with spacers until its cut, mr banal
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    Nice bike but looks a size too big
  • Mixed reviews, as expected. That's ok. I'm NOT any good at bar tape. But, how do we learn? :D

About the stem comment, because it's valid:
    It's not ideal to ride on all the time, but I have a different spare stem. I often use the stem shown when I've put on the TT bars to go do a TT ride. The stem pictured is intentionally negative slam for the TT bars. If I was riding it ONLY as the road setup for a while, the other stem goes back on. The stem pictured is a full on -20, but it gets the TT position right on. The other stem is longer, and only a -8 degree.

Steer has been cut. But, same stem since I did some TT stuff the day before. So, same stem...... If I get done with the TT stuff I'll take a pic with it with the other stem.

For the one comment above, clearly, given the amount of seat post I have sticking out.......it's NOT too big. It could come out a tad more but am waiting on how the new saddle and shoes feel first. The new shoes stack is a bit different. I'm 5' 10" and it's a Giant size medium. A small would not work at all.

After the inaugural ride on that saddle shown now, much better on the bum and my body type. But.....noticed it was too far slanted after taking the picture. Since I've adjusted that up to almost-flat and it's even better.

27912124219_849cd62665_z.jpg