Best Bike rear light?

itaa
itaa Posts: 61
edited November 2017 in Road buying advice
In front I have a BFL a6 , damn awesome at 1600lumens, lights up everything like crazy and everyone is dazzled :D:D
Need something as good for the rear, basically I want to be SEEN + good quality+ waterproof. Preferable if its rechargeable or runs from 18650.
Not even considering the UK market and their re-branded scams at ridiculous prices, what's the best thing you can get for max $20 from china?
( the quality china stuff not the poundshop quality)

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Spam.
  • Spend a few quid more and get the See Sense Icon. 190 lumen twin cree leds, they are reactive so flashing pattern intensifies when you stop at junctions and when they detect car headlights

Super visible day or night, best accessory I've bought for my bike. You can pick them up for £50 or so

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/see-sense-icon-rear-light-p318260/s541145?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5eWC64a71wIVazPTCh3FaQDrEAQYAiABEgKNC_D_BwE
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    See sense is good but back it up with a cheap Smart light half watt or similar. Just in case one fails.

And dazzling people with the front light isn't a great idea. Dip.
  • itaa wrote:
    In front I have a BFL a6 , damn awesome at 1600lumens, lights up everything like crazy and everyone is dazzled :D:D

Too bright on roads and you do exactly as above. Then drivers think you’re a tw@t for having ‘too’ bright a light. I have a knog blinder 4 and a moon comet. Both under 35 quid and sufficient for any roads
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Not just drivers; commuting round Richmond Park is not made any easier by those with eleventy gazillion lumen coming the other way.

On topic, I use any two from Moon Nebula, Exposure TraceR, Lezyne Strip 300 and Hope District+.

All excellent lights with very few drawbacks and all will get you seen.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Lezyne strip pro packs a punch for around £30 - battery life ain't great (2hrs on top mode)

That said it didn't stop some numpty not seeing me the other night...
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 680
    I use 2 of these Lezyne Femto rear lights. Battery lasts ages, bright enough to be seen. Not so bright to blind anyone.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-femto-dr ... led-light/

Got a Moon Meteor Storm Lite up front which does up to 1100 lumen but is on 500ish 90% of the time.