thursday making a radar pipeline convolver out of mecl 10k

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, drinks and thai food later

thinking of heading back to france to see gmc punter, eat tartare avec frites and quaff pelforth, maybe some crimbo shopping for fauchon nibbles for mum
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold here again, I managed to drop the bike off yesterday, as for buying mrs lincolndave a Christmas present, I bought a dremel and accessories, after a lot of thought , I might keep the dremel for myself and buy her something else, have a good day
  • sungod
    give her the dremel, it could be useful for crafting biscuits or cake icing into complex shapes, and i'm sure she'd let you borrow it

that way she has a pressie and you can still get yourself something
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just taken the das hund for a walk, now waiting for coffee to coffee on the stove.

Will ride in today and have utterly no intention of staying there a second longer than I have to.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    More dreck to wade through today. Might treat myself to a flogging up a few of the short steepish hills near home later, increase the endorphins.

Lovely pedal in, nice temperature, concentrated on a smooth pedal stroke, whilst cutting a swathe through the hi-viz hordes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Morning

Slower start as I had breakfast with the family, now work meh to get through before pub later and then a day off tomorrow
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    give her the dremel, it could be useful for crafting biscuits or cake icing into complex shapes, and i'm sure she'd let you borrow it

Present/bike?

Morning office full of joy today as per usual, man with sight assistance dog is having a mini seizure in the office with excitement as his new iPhone and watch have been delivered to his house. half waiting for him to feign illness.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    No idea what to get the GF for Christmas, she wants something nice and 'not outdoorsy' which has completely confused me as I was going to get her crampons so I don't die this winter solo. Apparently outdoors clothing isn't cool for girls either

Working from home for no reason other than I can get away with it. Might head up north to look at some trees in a bit, I suspect I'm going to need to do some shouting also. Bloody trees.

Might look at getting some wood to build a barn door style door for the wooden garage this weekend, I've been talking about it long enough. Atleast that way I can leave some of the less expensive bikes locked up in there rather than the spare room
  • Today I shall be drawing pieces of metal, lots of them.

How can 14 year old kids lose stuff? Have you brushed your teeth?

Well... Errr...

"well have you or not"

I did last night

"and this morning?"

Errr, I can't find my toothbrush...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod wrote:

I think that sounds great in theory Sungod, but I have a feeling it would not go down very well in the real world
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    It's not that 14 year olds lose things it's that they can't see what's right under their noses.
    I haven't thought about Christmas presents yet, way too early for that kind of behaviour. Reasonably busy day in the office today. Got to get all my pigs fuelled up and ready to fly tomorrow as I'm off to the classic car show to see some customers. Letting the train take the strain so can have a bite to eat and a snooze on the way. Makes a change from sitting in the office at least. Need to get out and visit a few more of them really.
    Coffee should be ready to go about now...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Can you lot shut up about bloody Christmas please? :roll:

Sod this for a game of soldiers, i'm off to do some work and then maybe a breezy but sunny pedal.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:

Might head up north to look at some trees in a bit, I suspect I'm going to need to do some shouting also. Bloody trees.

You shout at trees for a living?! I'm a gunna send you my CV. I can shout at trees with the best of them. I'm pretty good at shaking my fist at them too. Bloody trees. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It's not that 14 year olds lose things it's that they can't see what's right under their noses.
    ...and I'll raise you 16 year olds who drop their iPhone down the bog :roll:

Slightly cold pedal in but I've put my boil in the bag hi-viz jacket on for extra warmth and to lull Hoppy into a false sense of security if I ever meet him on the communt in. Just finished doing a 'Lewis Hamilton' on some of our tax exposures and it's now time for a large lunch to make up for the calorie deficit :) More avoidance beckons this afternoon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Biggly trees. The best trees. Cofefe trees.

Just having a pie as I'm cold then leaving in precisely one hour and six minutes on the dot.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod wrote:

I think that sounds great in theory Sungod, but I have a feeling it would not go down very well in the real world

damn, you spotted my cunning ruse to generate future entertaining postings about how she reacted :D
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Biggly trees. The best trees. Cofefe trees.

Rubbish trees. The worst. I don't blame the trees, this isn't a trees issue. I blame previous management. Sad.

Back from looking at trees. Did plenty of tutting to myself but no actual shouting this time, mostly because the culprits weren't with me. Someone appears to owe my client some monies.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slightly cold pedal in but I've put my boil in the bag hi-viz jacket on for extra warmth and to lull Hoppy into a false sense of security if I ever meet him on the communt in.

You have one of those hi-viz monstrosities flapping away in the wind do you? You'll be telling me you wear baggy shorts next. :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slightly cold pedal in but I've put my boil in the bag hi-viz jacket on for extra warmth and to lull Hoppy into a false sense of security if I ever meet him on the communt in.

You have one of those hi-viz monstrosities flapping away in the wind do you? You'll be telling me you wear baggy shorts next. :lol:
    He still can't get over the fact that we both had bikes with curly bars and proper brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

How dare you say that ! I zip my hi-viz jacket up :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Doesn't the chilly draught shrivel your testicles up to peanut size?!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Never a problem for a downhill rider :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Is that because you all have ovaries?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Is that because you all have ovaries?
    More like:

latest?cb=20150816141819
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Could go in the Trivial Things ++ but whatevs.

Busy winding narrow country main road, downhill, double white lines, dark now at 5.30pm. See this slow moving red light ahead, I'm driving, think bike, that's brave on this road. Get closer, looks wide, is that a trike? Closer still. No, it's a xxxxing mobility scooter. WTAF? Fair do's - he/she had a hi viz jacket on. Prob on way home after a day in Wetherspoons, 'kin Leavers.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Could go in the Trivial Things ++ but whatevs.

Busy winding narrow country main road, downhill, double white lines, dark now at 5.30pm. See this slow moving red light ahead, I'm driving, think bike, that's brave on this road. Get closer, looks wide, is that a trike? Closer still. No, it's a xxxxing mobility scooter. WTAF? Fair do's - he/she had a hi viz jacket on. Prob on way home after a day in Wetherspoons, 'kin Leavers.

3200 friggin injuries a year resulting from those bloody things.