Downhill/Trail riding from the ground up.

MTBNewBro
MTBNewBro Posts: 4
edited November 2017 in Your pics and vids
Hi,

I started a new channel earlier this week
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFUmKs ... _2KKGab_dQ

I have a few videos up now, all GoPro HD footage. I plan to shoot a few very honest product reviews this week all with products tried and tested on my ride (entry level giant stance 2017) which I am gradually changing to suite my style of riding as I progress.

I'd really like it if you would come to my channel and take a look at the footage. Who knows, you might even like and subscribe.

See you there,

MTBNewBro

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    All I can say is why bother?

Boring, ordinary, and hitting a tiny tree is not an 'epic' fall.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Hey man, I apologise for not living near any epic trails and for not being a pro rider but like I said, "from the ground up". I just started the channel and I've only being riding for six months for starters, also I've never edited a video in any way so I am literally teaching myself every time I make something new. Finally, if you've ever hit a tree, you'll understand that it's pretty solid as objects go and when you when you crash into one at speed it can feel pretty 'epic' sometimes. (Sigh) All that being said, thanks for checking out the channel and giving some feedback. The content will improve as I do. Please feel free to link your channel so I can see how it's done in a way that's not boring and ordinary.

Cheers
  • JakeJ
    JakeJ Posts: 151
    Don't bite, you'll only fuel more fire.

Good videos, I had my first taste at Mountain biking last weekend and it's great fun, way more than I imagined actually, If i didn't have a road bike to build before next season I'd be looking to get a mountain bike of my own.

Keep doing what you're doing mate, you'll get better with time & experience.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    MTBNewBro wrote:
    Hey man, I apologise for not living near any epic trails and for not being a pro rider but like I said, "from the ground up". I just started the channel and I've only being riding for six months for starters, also I've never edited a video in any way so I am literally teaching myself every time I make something new. Finally, if you've ever hit a tree, you'll understand that it's pretty solid as objects go and when you when you crash into one at speed it can feel pretty 'epic' sometimes. (Sigh) All that being said, thanks for checking out the channel and giving some feedback. The content will improve as I do. Please feel free to link your channel so I can see how it's done in a way that's not boring and ordinary.

Cheers

I don't bother, why would I? Mine would probably fall into the same crappy category. There are plenty of decent videos for people to watch, if that's your thing.

I ride for fun, looking forward to the next one, not caring about the one before.

Other views may differ.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JakeJ wrote:
    Don't bite, you'll only fuel more fire.Good videos, Keep doing what you're doing mate, you'll get better with time & experience.

Thank you for the positivity dude, It's hard not to bite when people want to discourage someone from doing something they don't do themselves.

Cheers,

MTBNewBro
  • MTBNewBro wrote:
    JakeJ wrote:
    Don't bite, you'll only fuel more fire.Good videos, Keep doing what you're doing mate, you'll get better with time & experience.

Thank you for the positivity dude, It's hard not to bite when people want to discourage someone from doing something they don't do themselves.

Cheers,

MTBNewBro

If you're going to start something like this you need to be able to take all comments with a pinch of salt, if you get hurt or annoyed easily then i'd say it isnt for you.

Youtubing isnt something i would do personally as i go out on my bike to escape and faffing with cameras and equipment and editing would be way too much effort for me.

As long as you enjoy what you're doing, and it appears as if you do, then carry on and don't let anyone put you off. Will be interesting to see how you improve in both the videos and biking as you carry on. Good luck to you :)
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    cooldad wrote:
    All I can say is why bother?

Boring, ordinary, and hitting a tiny tree is not an 'epic' fall.

because he wants too. no need to be such a dick about it