Some help plz im a little bit confused

Georgexxx21
Georgexxx21 Posts: 6
edited January 2018 in MTB beginners
Hello to everyone, can somebody suggest me hardtails less than 1000 with forks up to 100mm ?
is it possible to do downhill with a hardtail?
can i put in any hardtail forks more than 120mm ?

or if anyone could help me to build a bike. thank u very much , my english are not very good sorry

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    1000 what £, $, Frogs.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Do you want 100mm or 120mm travel?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • robertpb wrote:
    1000 what £, $, Frogs.

yes im sorry my bad , i mean less than 1000 £ or euros. :)
  • JBA wrote:
    Do you want 100mm or 120mm travel?

Hello there thnx for your answer, 120mm or more
  • 2018 Giant Fathom 2... £999.99. I got one not too long ago and love it.

However, If you're specifically after a downhill bike then I'd look for a second hand one online. £1k should get you a pretty decent DH steed.
  • MattyB85 wrote:
    2018 Giant Fathom 2... £999.99. I got one not too long ago and love it.

However, If you're specifically after a downhill bike then I'd look for a second hand one online. £1k should get you a pretty decent DH steed.

Could you please reccomend me a good site with second hand bikes?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ebay. Good luck.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • MattyB85 wrote:
    2018 Giant Fathom 2... £999.99. I got one not too long ago and love it.

Could you please reccomend me a good site with second hand bikes?

Sorry for the late reply, George. I've just spotted this.

Yeah, Ebay, Gumtree, Preloved are all decent. Pinkbike has a pretty good buy/sell page on their website. www.pinkbike.com

Also try checking on the For Sale pages of Facebook

Really depends on what you're after though. You mentioned £1000 hardtails with up to 100mm travel but then ask if you can do downhill on a hardtail. The simple answer is yes you can however I'd suggest more than 100mm travel. If it's a pure downhill bike you want then you would benefit from a full-suspension setup with more than 120mm travel. This will be much heavier than a hardtail so may not be as fun on a trail with a good mix of uphill, flat and downhill sections.

Where will you be doing the most of your riding?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    This is downhill https://youtu.be/YfMQdFGTKAs is that what you meant?
    Yes you can do it on a hardtail, but you will want a lot more than 100mm of travel, and more than Matty’s rather silly 120mm, DH bikes run about 200mm of travel and are built tough (and heavy).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • "If it's a pure downhill bike you want then you would benefit from a full-suspension setup with more than 120mm travel"

Sorry, should have written "much more than"