'ning

going to be a nippy ride, i wonder what cake i shall have

on the plus side, fewer creepy crawlies and stinging things than the jungle
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited November 2017
    Morning, you are right about it being nippy Sungod, I have just got back after an hours walk with the dog , there’s frost on a few car roofs,
    Just about to have some porridge and a cuppa, a read of the paper , followed by a bike ride.
    Roast pork for lunch today, enjoy what’s left of the weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Morning

Early ride planned when the sun makes an appearance. Then a family day with a few jobs thrown in.

Later is fireworks at a pals, which will be boozy
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    got up to go the gym ..... realised I could barely walk thanks to killing my ham strings on a MTB course yesterday ... so limped to the rowing machine and did a couple of km at an embarrassing pace just to try and loosen them up

now typing very quietly in the hop my kiddy stays asleep for longer and I get of the 2 hours of playing "being a cat" which I fear is todays plan until breakfast
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Not allowed out on bike today to enjoy the sunshine. Eye jab yesterday, got postponed from Monday, instructed to minimise infection risk for 48 hours, no touching, no wiping, no washing, and really really try not to get anything in it, they said.

As a result looks like a day of moping about the garden. Have I become a pensioner?
  • Cool and wet morning which messed up the plans a little. Went to hardware shop, bought a screen. Got it home, decided it was the wrong one, took it back for the proper one. Installed that, after binning all the rubbish hardware it came with.

Mowed lawns. Did more jobs. Photographer tomorrow for house ad listing, so the place needs to look tidy. And clean. Grrrrr.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Onwards with project 'clear the crap out of the garage'. At last managed to get Strifey to pull her weight on her stuff so car is now full. Think I'll stop off at the Albanian car wash on the way back and get it cleaned as it is a bit mucky.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    fat daddy wrote:
    got up to go the gym ..... realised I could barely walk thanks to killing my ham strings...limped to the rowing machine and did a couple of km at an embarrassing pace just to try and loosen them up.

Hmm...
    orraloon wrote:
    As a result looks like a day of moping about the garden. Have I become a pensioner?

No just a guy with eye problems. Like me but much worse. I'm struggling with Celuvisc 'cos the Doc's keep issuing single 60 vials of Melopthal, despite asking repeatedly to 'send 240 so the prescriptions don't last long and yesterday I had to run around pharmacies trying to find a preservative free substitute available without prescription.
    My pharmacist said she would dispense a discretionary prescription but they had run out. Oh, the joys.

Lovely but nippy day. Currently with toots and later swimming.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dog exercised. Lots of washing to do.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dog exercised. Lots of washing to do.

Snap. I'm bottom of the list after the OH and toots. 2nd load on, 2 to go, load in the tumble dryer needs folding... :roll:

Still, it's hardly hot enough to cook things in your shorts, let alone dry your washing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpktBGInl60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erf2iFHG44M
  • hopkinb
    I do everyone's except the OH's, which for some reason requires special settings and detergents.

Lovely day here, though clouding over a touch now.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I do everyone's except the OH's, which for some reason requires special settings and detergents.

Yeah, why is that? Do not buy the wrong bloody conditioner - it's all the same to me but to her...

...and why do they disappear to some part of the house silently and without mention for ages and then suddenly re-appear?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Yeah, why is that? Do not buy the wrong bloody conditioner - it's all the same to me but to her...

...and why do they disappear to some part of the house silently and without mention for ages and then suddenly re-appear?
    That's what you're meant to do...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Afternoon, cool this morning but not frosty here, that's tomorrow morning apparently. Work later but last one so hopefully a quiet night. Pinno, my OH threatens to divorce me if I as much as look at the family washing apart from my bike or running stuff. She wouldn't let me do that until I left some really muddy stuff for her to wash.

I have the privilege of having to do all my cycle stuff.
    She's not here right now, so i'll just have to take the consequences of taking the bull by the horns.

With all this gender equality Malarkey, something's remain the domain of women. We should protest.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Afternoon, cool this morning but not frosty here, that's tomorrow morning apparently. Work later but last one so hopefully a quiet night. Pinno, my OH threatens to divorce me if I as much as look at the family washing apart from my bike or running stuff. She wouldn't let me do that until I left some really muddy stuff for her to wash.

I have the privilege of having to do all my cycle stuff.
    She's not here right now, so i'll just have to take the consequences of taking the bull by the horns.

With all this gender equality Malarkey, something's remain the domain of women. We should protest.
    wife.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao!

Just got in from work looking after the 'tards and boy did they live up to their name today.

Now about wash the car by hand for the first time in about 5 years (normally use the pressure washer at work) but delaying that by having a coffee.

Well chilly here.

Re washing - separate into different colours and lob in at 30 degrees. Think that's all that is involved.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...bollox...

You're going to wash the car in the dark?!
  • hopkinb
    Me and the little un made banana cake with manky bananas. Pretty damned good. It finished off a nice pot roast shoulder of lamb with roast potatoes and Savoy cabbage. Relatively abstemious today, just a leftover glass of CdR with the lamb. We burned some sparklers and gawped at the neighbour's fireworks earlier as well.
  • pinno
    Bananananana cake is good.

We had (home grown) stewed apples and custard after Chicken and Asparagus pie with lots of steamed veg.

Just pressed play on tonight's Blue Planet episode.
  • hopkinb
    Booking up next years summer hols. Bit of a tour of Andalucian cities. Seville, Cadiz, Jerez, Cordoba, Granada, then a week on the coast relaxing. Let's see how the kids like it. I suspect they'll be fine as long as there is wifi.
  • hopkinb
    Do I want a CAAD12?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Do I want a CAAD12?

Yes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Booking up next years summer hols. Bit of a tour of Andalucian cities. Seville, Cadiz, Jerez, Cordoba, Granada, then a week on the coast relaxing. Let's see how the kids like it. I suspect they'll be fine as long as there is wifi.

Are you going to drag them around all those places in the heat?!
  • Matthewfalle
    Just started watching Comrade Detective. Hooked.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

You can take your new CAAD.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Hang on a second - new Doris, new bike, holidays ........ what's going on here then H3?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Do I want a CAAD12?

I'm not you, so how on earth do I know?

That Cannondale received great reviews. However, Carbon is great stuff.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hang on a second - new Doris, new bike, holidays ........ what's going on here then H3?

Think it is the same Doris, just rebranded.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

Think it is the same Doris, just rebranded.

Then he should re-spray the old bike and go to Skegness if he's to keep things consistent?

Anyway, how the feck are you Bally? Where yoo been at?
  • Stevo_666
    He works in tax you know...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    In top nick, Pinno. Still no pedalling though.
    My sitting around for a few weeks has led to a biscuit shortage chez Bally.