Does anyone else

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone else get fed up of waiting for their wife, girlfriend, partner ,to get ready
This morning she said if we leave home a 9 o’clock we should be in Nottingham for 10:15, I am ready and waiting it’s now nearly 9:30, what on earth do they do??

Comments

• Yes. If we have a 7pm meeting time I tell MrsHD it's 6.30.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Mines pretty good she doesn't tend to wear much if any makeup.
    I tend to have more problem with the dog either not wanting to walk like today because it's raining, or when she finds a tree she wants to bring home.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Yes always tell her we are leaving earlier than we have to. Or book an appointment that you can't be late for.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Leave them behind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Leave them behind.

Yep

Though to be fair the kids tend to take longer as they try to find the toys they want to take with them
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yes. If we have a 7pm meeting time I tell MrsHD it's 6.30.

I think that is the generally accepted gambit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Wife is more likely to be trying to leave early and fretting about getting there on time. Daughter on the other hand...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Yes. If we have a 7pm meeting time I tell MrsHD it's 6.30.

I think that is the generally accepted gambit.
    Mine's got wise to that so I had to get a bit more sophisticated. Like not telling her I'd booked the airport parking option where you just rock up and give them your keys then stroll into the terminal building, rather than parking a few miles away and waiting for a shuttle bus.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    A woman's 5 minutes to get ready is the equivalent to a man's last 5 minutes in the pub. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Nah, my OH doesn't faff. She's always sharp - like TLW says, getting the kids to hurry the f*ck up is impossible.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... Like not telling her I'd booked the airport parking option where you just rock up and give them your keys then stroll into the terminal building, rather than parking a few miles away and waiting for a shuttle bus.
    At 131 mph? :lol::lol::lol:
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/03/gatwick-a ... h-7051022/
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ... Like not telling her I'd booked the airport parking option where you just rock up and give them your keys then stroll into the terminal building, rather than parking a few miles away and waiting for a shuttle bus.
    At 131 mph? :lol::lol::lol:
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/03/gatwick-a ... h-7051022/

That bloke's 'avin a larf inn he?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!