Caad 12 Disc. Post Mount Fork / Flat Mount Rear. How to fit Sram Etap HRD Post mount Groupset ?

Spartacus1981
Spartacus1981 Posts: 254
edited December 2017 in Workshop
Good Morning,

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm hoping someone can help here. I broke my collarbone so have been out of action for a bit but I'm now trying to take advantage of some industry discounts and build up a sick new bike. My hope is a Caad12 Disc with Sram Etap HRD. Frame bought, groupset in basket and finger on the trigger ...

Problem I can see is the Post Mount front and Flat mount rear .. Now am I right thinking I need to buy the Post Mount version of the Groupset and somehow adapt the rear to fit ? Would it just be a question of some form of adaptor, or do I require a different calliper for the rear ?

Hope someone can help me figuring this out ......

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Yes, just get an adaptor to fit post mount to a flat mount frame.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... prod137893
  • Had this problem myself on the CAAD 12 the only way to do it properly is to get a flat mount caliper, you can use any Sram one but not Shimano due to different fluid . I did achieve it with adapter and cutting part of caliper away dosen't look great and still tight clearance.
  • Yes, it looks that way : ( So I'm looking urgently for a Sram Flat Mount Caliper if anyone has one. Especially a Sram E-Tap, part no. 11.5018.039.010.
  • What an absolute BALLACHE this has turned out to be. Especially as I'm living in Mallorca, the cycling frikking capital, and neither man nor beast keeps spares here as it doesn't mean a sale !! Now what I should have done it turns out was buy the Flat Mount Groupset as could have easily adapted the front, but not the rear ... SO I'M TOLD :evil:
  • Your cheapest option is to buy a complete left hand shifter with flat mount caliper, swap the calipers over and resale unwanted shifter with post mount.
  • So there was a guy in Bristol selling a Flat Mount Force caliper on eBay. We agreed I'd pay him straight away but then he started ignoring me once he had a bid or two ... So I think I've found a shop here in Mallorca who can get just the caliper for around 100 Euro from his distributor, but not until begin January : ( That seriously sucks. Like my mate said, these Sram calipers are like rocking horse shit ... Hire bike will have to do until then I guess.
  • I've just sent you a PM!
  • Replied, superlightweight !