friday the enemy of your freedom is the state

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, bail early

mulling over a new winter jacket, castelli alpha ros is tempting me, but i don't reckon it's as good as their old radiation jacket, also hasn't enough scorpions on it, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Today's plan of WFH or local branch has been destroyed by overnight email traffic :(

So instead of a run/cycle this morning it's 1.5hrs of commuting with little prospect of an early dart

Later is take the eldest to football practice and a swift pint, then collect and meet friends at the local
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, it still looks like I will be semi retired until the new year at the least, which is nice, so it will be a bike ride this morning,followed by a nice pub lunch
    Have a good day
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Morning lads, it still looks like I will be semi retired until the new year at the least, which is nice, so it will be a bike ride this morning,followed by a nice pub lunch
    Have a good day
    Sounds like a perfect start to the day.
    Normal b0llox for me. Ride, keep head down, eat, crosswords, a spot of work, ride, family stuff.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Misty moisty here but sun beginning to break through. Pedal in, do as little work as I can get away with, go to gym, pedal home.

What's with the semi retirement H3?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    extremely disturbing news on the front page of the inyt this morning, found it online so i can share the horror...

What’s the Economic Cost of Brexit? Pineapples Tell a Tale
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

That's Lincolndave. I quite fancy a nice pedal followed by a pub lunch though, which is what he has on the cards. Better than sitting at a desk.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Cold office day. Fancy getting away early as this week I have been to Galloway, the Borders, Cowal, Mull of Kintyre and bloody Llandegla. Unfortunately I've been putting off a load of office stuff which has to be done today so no early finish in sight. Im 99% sure the guy causing the issues re the office stuff is doing it deliberately...

Gah.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    sungod wrote:
    ...also hasn't enough scorpions on it, sigh
    Scorpions are cool, make me think of this kind of thing.
    DSCN3426.jpg

Morning folks,
    Very glad it's Friyday, the cafe will be visited for lunch. Managed to wobble in again this morning, took a different route as the park is shut and it didn't take too much longer so I wasn't late. This is good. I've only had 3 cups of tea so far and am in danger of dehydrating, I shall remedy this by visiting the pub later. Coffee machine is warming nicely in an attempt to keep myself awake through the drudgery of my day. Fireworks went well last night and sold almost all of the beer. Had to drink what was left so the scouts couldn't get their mitts on it.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Does anyone have any experience of the Aldi winter cycling gloves? I still get cold finger ends in my Gore wind stoppers.

I saw some yesterday but didn't fancy wasting £5 on them when there was a perfectly acceptable bottle of Sauvignon Blanc at the same price.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, bail early

mulling over a new winter jacket, castelli alpha ros is tempting me, but i don't reckon it's as good as their old radiation jacket, also hasn't enough scorpions on it, sigh

Castelli Espresso? I had the Alpha jacket but it's not nearly as good as the Espresso. If you want more detail, let me know.

Me doing I dunno what me. Might strim the grass - the f*cking stuff won't stop growing.

It looks like you have got a handle on this work'drink life balance thingy VN.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Does anyone have any experience of the Aldi winter cycling gloves? I still get cold finger ends in my Gore wind stoppers.

I saw some yesterday but didn't fancy wasting £5 on them when there was a perfectly acceptable bottle of Sauvignon Blanc at the same price.

They wax lyrical about them in other parts of this forum.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, long drive this morning to dull Walsall, now Sat waiting to see about a new shiny exhaust to free up some ponies from the engine that are getting stuck.
    Smells odd in here mix of welding core an toilet cleaner.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, long drive this morning to dull Walsall, now Sat waiting to see about a new shiny exhaust to free up some ponies from the engine that are getting stuck.

Stainless steel?
  • veronese68
    Does anyone have any experience of the Aldi winter cycling gloves? I still get cold finger ends in my Gore wind stoppers.

A bottle of plonk will help you keep warm, problem is they are a one time use type thing and you'll need to buy another bottle tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Mrs Pinno say's she done this and that and the other 'whilst you have been sat there'.
    I said yes but I have been fixing the world and if everything continues as normal, then she has me to thank for it.

Some people are just so ungrateful.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Stainless steel?

Indeedy, I'm supplying a new stainless cat an downpipe from turbo their doing the rest 3" piping to match so should be a nice turbo back system.
  • Pinno wrote:

Please don't force me to go looking in the commuter section.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    Castelli Espresso? I had the Alpha jacket but it's not nearly as good as the Espresso. If you want more detail, let me know.

i've got an espresso due, but i don't like it for high effort as the fleecy inside just gets wet through and takes ages to dry, the radiation jacket is near perfect as it's warm but highly breathable and doesn't soak up water - it has a non-absorbent silver liner that's perforated with lots of holes - also excellent pockets, trouble is mine's getting quite worn now, wishing i'd bought two of them

the attraction of the alpha 'ros' is it's supposedly more waterproof, is this the version you've got?

think i need to go and browse in shops to see what's there, maybe have a ride out to sigma sport
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    hopkinb wrote:

That's Lincolndave. I quite fancy a nice pedal followed by a pub lunch though, which is what he has on the cards. Better than sitting at a desk.

Just on my way out for the pub lunch lads, enjoy your afternoons work :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Pinno wrote:
    Mrs Pinno say's she done this and that and the other 'whilst you have been sat there'.
    I said yes but I have been fixing the world and if everything continues as normal, then she has me to thank for it.

Some people are just so ungrateful.
    May be time to get a job? :shock:

I'm doing my half year review presentation to the board this afternoon. Some big numbers flying around. Should be fun, apart from having to wear a tie.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Should be fun, apart from having to wear a tie.
    Wear a what?
    Will have to keep an eye open for a tall shiny bike if out and about over the weekend.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Should be fun, apart from having to wear a tie.
    Wear a what?
    Will have to keep an eye open for a tall shiny bike if out and about over the weekend.
    Exactly. Had to write myself a note to bring one into work today.

What's this about tall shiny bikes?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sorry, that was a reference to Sungod going to Sigma Sport which is over my way. I don't think you'd be allowed in there. Even though I got my Kinesis frame from them I was often given the distinct impression they disapproved of anything mucky.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sorry, that was a reference to Sungod going to Sigma Sport which is over my way. I don't think you'd be allowed in there. Even though I got my Kinesis frame from them I was often given the distinct impression they disapproved of anything mucky.

At least some shops have got standards.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:

Ah - I see from a perambulation of the previous posts on here that you had quoted him causing confusion in me. Noted for future reference.

Boss called down today on the telephonical gadget - "be sure to go home early today as its nice" he said. So me and a friend went for lunch at Edwyn's and I did a quick 20 on the way home. Now going to do some weights and realise I have no food in the house.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Please don't force me to go looking in the commuter section.

Just go and buy a pair and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

i've got an espresso due, but i don't like it for high effort as the fleecy inside just gets wet through and takes ages to dry, the radiation jacket is near perfect as it's warm but highly breathable and doesn't soak up water - it has a non-absorbent silver liner that's perforated with lots of holes - also excellent pockets, trouble is mine's getting quite worn now, wishing i'd bought two of them

the attraction of the alpha 'ros' is it's supposedly more waterproof, is this the version you've got?

think i need to go and browse in shops to see what's there, maybe have a ride out to sigma sport

I don't have the 'Ros'. Post your enquiry on Benders thread, it's a good forum so long as you don't get sucked into spending sprees.

Anyway, what have you said to the cat:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/fears-volcano ... 03902.html
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It might be fun to rock up in my mucky 'Robocop' DH gear and watch them turn their noses up.
  • Still Friday for you lot, but mine's over. Crikey that was a busy one, involved visit to lawyer, doctor, 3 different shopping trips for miscellaneous stuff. Several unrelated phone calls also now mean I am going back to (paid) work soon for a short gig. Not sure this is really a good thing...

Cleaned up pool again after windy day before. Can't wait to see the end of that job!! Finished hand railing. Re-arranged stuff in garage and tossed out more bits of old timber and things no longer needed. Had to vacuum my motorbike there was so much sawdust on it. :roll: That will get a wash later, gonna need it for commuting to new work gig.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It might be fun to rock up in my mucky 'Robocop' DH gear and watch them turn their noses up.

they won't bat an eyelid, you'll simply blend in with the communters