VooDoo Marasa Hybrid for commuting(link inside)

hdaniel93
hdaniel93 Posts: 3
edited November 2017 in Commuting general
http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/hy ... -bike-2016

So my commute is only 3.5km each way.I am tying to keep it under 400 euro.My commute is nearly all road but mainly I was looking for a hybrid instead of a road bike for a bit more durability since it rains alot in my country and a more upright position would be more comfortable for my back which does sometimes have problems.

I have no idea what I am looking for in a bike at all so really the only thing I was looking at was trying to get the lightest in my price range!But I think I should be looking at hybrids that trend more towards road bike?I see some complaints about the tires in the review,what tires would be good to replace it with?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Marasa is a very competent hybrid, with a change of tyres it becomes much livelier feeling to ride (the stock ones are a bit heavy and leaden feeling, though perfectly competent) or road or with mountain bike tyres it will do reasonable duties as a rigid mountain bike. good value for the money.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    The Marasa is a very competent hybrid, with a change of tyres it becomes much livelier feeling to ride (the stock ones are a bit heavy and leaden feeling, though perfectly competent) or road or with mountain bike tyres it will do reasonable duties as a rigid mountain bike. good value for the money.
    what tyres would you reccomend for road usage?
  • I've read claims on here that 2.2" tyres fit the Marasa, 50mm would be very safe if you wanted comfort over speed.

Has anyone tried fitting 2.35" G-Ones?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo