De Rosa sizing dilemma - Urgent

Comments

• ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    From Wiggle live chat agent:
    I'm really sorry about this Ryan. I have raised this management and someone will be in touch via email later on today.

Will see what the 'management' have to say later today...
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    They're calling the management?

Mate - you've phucked it. You are in soooooooooooooooooooooo much trouble.

I suggest you get your grab bag and start running. New haircut, new name, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CiGUMQZUgU
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    So will anybody get them ?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Unlikely..
  • kingrollo
    Just checked my wiggle account - cancelled.
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    thats not good
  • kingrollo
    "A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us, the prices have been verified, and the order has been processed and dispatched. "

Bit off if it was on their email and was a misprice. It did seem too good to be true given that you effectively got the frame for free.

Don't forget though that UK law trumps Wiggles T&C'S.

For example if there was a law saying that wiggle must honour the advertised price. Then they would have to. They can't veto UK law by sticking a clause in terms and conditions. (bit like the disclaimer if you go motor go karting - totally worthless)
    I don't know if there such a law - and the climate at the moment is big corp orates do what they want.

I think this one is dead.
  • Unfortunately the retailer T&C's trump the sale of goods act. As long as these clearly state the point at which the selling price can be altered, which Wiggle do, they have the right to reneg on the deal. The only real exception would be if the bike had already been delivered at which point they would have had to honour the sale.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    kingrollo wrote:
    "A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us, the prices have been verified, and the order has been processed and dispatched. "

Bit off if it was on their email and was a misprice. It did seem too good to be true given that you effectively got the frame for free.

Don't forget though that UK law trumps Wiggles T&C'S.

For example if there was a law saying that wiggle must honour the advertised price. Then they would have to. They can't veto UK law by sticking a clause in terms and conditions. (bit like the disclaimer if you go motor go karting - totally worthless)
    I don't know if there such a law - and the climate at the moment is big corp orates do what they want.

Well there isn't, and that's all very nice but it's just hypothetical guff really.
  • kingrollo
    Don't mind not getting the bike. But IMO this was a pricing error not non availability of stock. Heres the response from wiggle if anyones interested

Thank you for your patience.

My name is Linnea and I am part of the management team here at Wiggle Customer Service who deal with complaints.

Your case has been passed onto me by Jordan and I have read through the correspondence you have had with us.

I firstly wanted to apologise that we could not deliver the bike you ordered as we unfortunately ran out of stock. We understand this is disappointing but we did not predict that the bike would get so popular and unfortunately orders went through for stock we did not have. This incident has been logged and we are looking into stopping this from happening in the future.

We understand that we do have parts separately, however as we are a retailer we are not allowed to build the bikes up or change them. The bikes are sent to us and we have to sell them as is.

The bike you are looking at now is with a different groupset and is not the same bike so we unfortunately cannot offer another price to the one on the site.

We understand that this may not have been the resolution you had been hoping for and as much as we would like to help, we unfortunately cannot meet your needs in this case.

We are sorry we could not help you further regarding this.

Regards

The Complaints Team
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Good evening,

We're writing with regards to your recent order for the De Rosa Idol Caliper Road Bike (Dura Ace - 2017).

We regret to inform you that we have cancelled this order and a full refund has been issued back to your original payment method. Sadly this deal was a little more popular than we thought and our system was a little slow to update once the stock of the bike ran out. This means we accepted a few orders for the bike which sadly we cannot fulfill as we have no more stock available.

As we cannot fulfill your order; this has been cancelled and a full refund has been issued. PayPal refunds can take up to 24 hours and card refunds can take around 3-5 working days to show back in your account depending on your banks processing speeds.

Our I.T team have already investigated this and put steps in place to prevent any situations like this from occurring again.

We're really sorry for any disappointment this has caused you and please do keep an eye on our site for our hero products and weekly deals throughout the Black Friday promotion period.

Regards,
    Wiggle Customer Services.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    From the previous posts you would think Wiggle had yet to install computers and used pen and paper to allocate stock.
  • kingrollo
    lesfirth wrote:
    From the previous posts you would think Wiggle had yet to install computers and used pen and paper to allocate stock.

A little worrying they were surprised the deal was popular !!! £1000 groupset ...£600 wheels....the frame was free..........and yet wiggle were surprised the deal was popular.

I actually checked...the stock in my size went down by one when i ordered.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Did anyone actually get one of these bikes?
  • kingrollo
    MrB123 wrote:
    Did anyone actually get one of these bikes?
    T
    According to wiggle yes. Personally i doubt it. Even the one advertised on ebay disappeared.

Daft thing is its the bike i will probably buy next year..but now i will try not to buy it from wiggle, as i dont feel they have been honest. All they had to say was ..yeah we priced it incorrectly.
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Wiggle did this a few years ago with a stupidly cheap deal on Campag Zonda wheels. I remember it causing a furore at the time!
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    It looks like all the Hotukdeals orders got cancelled too. They either had 1 or 2 in stock or they are lying. I think the later.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • mfin
    Well, they've said they had stock, and the system over sold.

This is a completely plausible explanation if they don't have some kind of session stock reservation system like a cinema reserves seats during the cart process. It's not the kind of system you might expect to need either in their industry either, it's not like they are selling Justin Bieber tickets.

Hanging them on hearsay and guesswork, calling them out as lying is a bit out of order I think.

You get forums like this and hotdeals where people become very aware very quickly of an offer and all get ordering straight away. I don't think you can expect Wiggle to put in too much effort and prep, time and money, into making sure it works beautifully just so they can sell a handful of bikes at a near loss to a few compulsive deal seekers.

Any thinking adult will know the best offers are done to get the headlines and attract the attention, getting traffic and exposure to the other offers. Any negative attention from a few whiners who miss out on it is nothing really, and will be fully expected by any experienced retailer. People got their explanation, it's probably right. Move on.
  • Same thing happened to me on a De Rosa bike I bought from Wiggle except that was over 4K. I’d had a online chat conversation the day before I purchased the bike to enquire about delivery estimates among other things so it all looked fine and then they took my money but never had the item in stock in the first place.
  • gabriel959
    mfin wrote:

This is a completely plausible explanation if they don't have some kind of session stock reservation system like a cinema reserves seats during the cart process. It's not the kind of system you might expect to need either in their industry either, it's not like they are selling Justin Bieber tickets.

Hanging them on hearsay and guesswork, calling them out as lying is a bit out of order I think.

You get forums like this and hotdeals where people become very aware very quickly of an offer and all get ordering straight away. I don't think you can expect Wiggle to put in too much effort and prep, time and money, into making sure it works beautifully just so they can sell a handful of bikes at a near loss to a few compulsive deal seekers.

Any thinking adult will know the best offers are done to get the headlines and attract the attention, getting traffic and exposure to the other offers. Any negative attention from a few whiners who miss out on it is nothing really, and will be fully expected by any experienced retailer. People got their explanation, it's probably right. Move on.

No one who bought the bike has received theirs. A lot of people ordered theirs before the Black Friday emails were sent, where it was advertised. So there was some effort from Wiggle, whatever you say.

And yes, I think they are lying. Move on.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    edited November 2017
    duplicate post
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • mfin wrote:

I would expect them to at least do a check at the point of putting the item in the basket, and also at order check out.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    mfin wrote:

I would expect them to at least do a check at the point of putting the item in the basket, and also at order check out.
    That can all go through fine if the number in the system is wrong. If someone miscounted the stock earlier then the computer doesn't know until someone goes to pick the stock and finds an empty shelf. Yes it shouldn't happen but in the real world things like this do at times.
  • mfin
    gabriel959 wrote:

No one who bought the bike has received theirs. A lot of people ordered theirs before the Black Friday emails were sent, where it was advertised. So there was some effort from Wiggle, whatever you say.

And yes, I think they are lying. Move on.

What you mean is you haven't heard of anyone who has received one. If say wiggle only had 10 of them, the likelihood that one of those 10 people who got them were a poster on here or on hotdeals, aaaand someone who actively posts, aaaand someone who would bother to post to say they had got one is actually very small.

So, saying no one who bought the bike has received theirs is absolutely nothing but a guess probably something you are reinforcing in your mind because you think they are lying, nothing else.
  • gabriel959
    Of course, that is what I said, I think they are lying based on the evidence at hand. Just like you think they aren't based on the same evidence.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • mfin
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Of course, that is what I said, I think they are lying based on the evidence at hand. Just like you think they aren't based on the same evidence.

No, what you said was "No one who bought the bike has received theirs", which is not a fact, it's something you have completely made an assumption on, an assumption which when you look at it unravels in the face of basic logic.

I punched a kitten in the face earlier and no one told me not to do it, so everyone was ok with me doing it.

(Anyway, it doesn't matter, you think they are lying for some reason, I don't think it's a fair assumption at all in this case, but of course it is a possibility).
  • gabriel959
    mfin wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

No, what you said was "No one who bought the bike has received theirs", which is not a fact, it's something you have completely made an assumption on, an assumption which when you look at it unravels in the face of basic logic.

I punched a kitten in the face earlier and no one told me not to do it, so everyone was ok with me doing it.

(Anyway, it doesn't matter, you think they are lying for some reason, I don't think it's a fair assumption at all in this case, but of course it is a possibility).

No one who bought their bikes from here or Hotukdeals, anyway I don't care.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • wongataa wrote:
    That can all go through fine if the number in the system is wrong. If someone miscounted the stock earlier then the computer doesn't know until someone goes to pick the stock and finds an empty shelf. Yes it shouldn't happen but in the real world things like this do at times.

On stock in a warehouse that you clearly have very limited stock of, have discounted and specifically marketed? Hmmm.
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    This weeks Wiggle Black Friday deals dont seem quite so generous
  • cld531c wrote:
    This weeks Wiggle Black Friday deals dont seem quite so generous

That Muc-Off chamois cream for a tenner seems reasonable
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles