Bianchi Alu or B'Twin Carbon?

2»

Comments

• inseine wrote:
    ZMC888 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    I visit the Taiwan factories building the frames (and wheels etc). Carbon and aluminiuom.
    Doing carbon frame lay-up within the last year?
    Not personally in the last year but my colleagues have. Most of our frames are sourced in Taiwan rather than China.
    Pretty, although I wouldn't want to ride it on a raining, windy, winter commute home in the dark.
    ae21-shark-skin-001.jpg
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    inseine wrote:
    ZMC888 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    I visit the Taiwan factories building the frames (and wheels etc). Carbon and aluminiuom.
    Doing carbon frame lay-up within the last year?
    Not personally in the last year but my colleagues have. Most of our frames are sourced in Taiwan rather than China.
    Pretty, although I wouldn't want to ride it on a raining, windy, winter commute home in the dark.
    ae21-shark-skin-001.jpg

Busted. Seems like most people agreed with you, we hardly sold any! That was a few years ago. The ef01 is our latest and hopefully will do better. We have plenty of carbon bikes on the range too.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    shiznit76 wrote:
    ChippyK wrote:
    I have an aluminium Bianchi, I recently took the stock Veloce off and put 105 on, due to surgery I’ve not ridden it with the 105 yet. My son has a B’Twin with 105 which I’ve ridden too. Everything says the B’Twin should be the better bike, it’s lighter, has, or had, better groupset and compared to the Bianchi is better value. Yet I’d take the Bianchi anytime.
    Why swap the veloce for 105, aren't they around the same level of performance?

Couple of reasons, I think 105 is a bit better than Veloce, but that’s opinion, I needed a new rear mech, cassette and chain and the free hub on my Zondas is knackered. Balance that with I have some spare Shimano freehubbed Ksyriums, all my other bikes have Shimano, I’m going to the Alps next year and I want a 32 at the back and I decided to switch.