Question regarding Genesis Vapour cx20 2017

Ebor
Ebor Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Cyclocross
Greetings. I'm looking for some advice on the Genesis Vapour CX 20 2017. Would this be suitable for a newcomer? I won't be looking to race, but will be using recreationally on road, track and bridleways. I've set a max of £750ish as this is what I've saved by packing in the cigs - so this is my reward. As much as I enjoy riding, I've little to no knowledge on the quality of parts and that is my main reason for seeking some insight here.

Bike in question at £699 (down from £999)

My main issue is that being 6'3" with 34" inner leg, I'm struggling to find a suitable, well thought of bike for a reasonable price, locally or online that is large enough.

Should you have a suggestion of an alternative cyclocross bike up to around £750, I'd be very grateful.

Local options (should they have the correct size) are mainly Cannondales, Ridley or other Genesis models including the CDF from here: http://www.cycle-heaven.co.uk/bikes/typ ... oss-bikes/

Other local options are a Giant shop, Orange Bikes as well as Halfords and Evans (and a couple of other places that look high end) so at least there are a number of options here in York.

Many thanks

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    For the price, I'd say that was a pretty decent deal.

Tiagra is an adequate shifting system and is robust enough for off road riding, Spyres are the best cable actuated disc brakes on the market, and the rest of the build is generic stuff that functions fine and is what you'd expect of a bike in that price range.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    looks like a bargain.

I have just bought the carbon Vapour & it's brilliant.

Managed to get it from a local shop for a better price than on-line and they changed bits so I got the setup I wanted.

Can you not get this from your local shop?
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com