Any Good Experience Of Rose Bike And Customer Service

jonosas
jonosas Posts: 42
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi just want to make a enquiry, has anyone had a good experience with Rose Bikes From Germany?

I shall be purchasing a new bike soon And the companies I am looking at are

Ribble Bikes
Canyon Bikes
Rose Bikes
Merlin Cycles.

I am very interested in the Aero CWX 3000 Rose Bikes

Also I seen The Eddy Merckx SanRemo 76 Disc bike for a very good price on Merlin Cycles.

I would be grateful for your responses to the above. :D:D

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Every experience I've had with Rose has been exceptional.
    Even when I've had problems.
    Their team in Germany gives clear advice in better English than most posters to this forum and their UK representative is top-notch, Finlay Paton who you can reach on 07775786709 or via Facebook messenger. Contact him for test rides on road or mountain bikes, he has a test fleet down in the Bath area.
    Thir online configurator is good, once I'd specced the bike I wanted I phoned the German HQ and talked it through with the workshop (Udo was the guy I spoke to on 2-3 occasions) and I got recommendations on stem, bars etc.

They are brilliant, I don't know if they're better than the others you're considering.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Plenty on this thread if 27 pages of posts is anything to go by

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12988016

Maybe you could PM a few of the contributors for their opinions.
  • jonosas
    Thanks guys that's great help also considering this company http://www.evo2max.com/news?aid=11740

Had a excellent review on Cycling+ last month. Looks stunning. New UK company.
  • jonosas
    Also has anyone ordered this frame from Rose https://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-xeo ... aid:891230

I would like some feedback if anyone has purchased this frame.
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    jonosas wrote:
    Also has anyone ordered this frame from Rose https://www.rosebikes.com/bike/rose-xeo ... aid:891230

I would like some feedback if anyone has purchased this frame.
    Just bought a pro sl disc for winter and it arrived in about 1 week. In the meantime they sent me a messenger bag and a scarf along with a rucksack when the bike turned up. Slightly more generous than a bag of sweets. I'm really pleased with the bike and the service provided by rose.
    Regarding the frameset you're looking at. My mate bought the sram red hydraulic disc version and absolutely loves it. He says it's more comfortable than his previous aluminium rose and it's also considerably lighter than said bike, even with the big aero tubes and hydraulic gubbins. Not going to get into the canyon vs rose debate but from my experience rose seem to have better customer services and delivery times.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • remedy_7
    remedy_7 Posts: 179
    Not used them for a bike but bought some parts. Top service.
    But a great opportunity to say that I had a terrible experience buying a bike from Canyon (on your list).
  • jonosas
    Also this one from Dolan Bikes https://www.dolan-bikes.com//road/road- ... no-sl.html

and this one https://www.dolan-bikes.com/road/road-b ... rebus.html

Have Herd Dolan are quite good.
  • jonosas wrote:
    Hi just want to make a enquiry, has anyone had a good experience with Rose Bikes From Germany?

I shall be purchasing a new bike soon And the companies I am looking at are

Ribble Bikes
    Canyon Bikes
    Rose Bikes
    Merlin Cycles.

I am very interested in the Aero CWX 3000 Rose Bikes

Also I seen The Eddy Merckx SanRemo 76 Disc bike for a very good price on Merlin Cycles.

I would be grateful for your responses to the above. :D:D

When I purchased a pair of Ortliebs, Rose Bikes was the only place I could find the ones I wanted. Despite being ordered from Germany, arrived in about a week. Considering CRC take nearly a week to deliver an order from our own country.......I was quite surprised as I assumed it would be longer. Panniers are great too.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    jonosas wrote:
    Thanks guys that's great help also considering this company http://www.evo2max.com/news?aid=11740

Andy who is the co-owner is a top bloke, I would highly doubt you'd get anything other than exceptional service.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    jonosas wrote:

Andy who is the co-owner is a top bloke, I would highly doubt you'd get anything other than exceptional service.

VERY shallow of me, but I am REALLY liking the look, and colourways on their road frames (Although I noticed the weight is nothing to write home about - assuming this because it is an aero frame?) - be very interested to hear what you make of them, if you do go with them.
    sr_484345_large.jpg

Seems you can custom colour them for around £150 too.

Am I correct to think it is just an open mould T700 carbon frame though?
    EDIT: It would seem this is it - http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1542
    Sourced from the comments on this review http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/evo2max-nebular-r9-review-51532/

Do you have one of their bikes SM?

As an aside, have shopped with Rose many times, and they have always been spot on - even got a free cereal bowl once!
    Have bought shoes from them, and saddles, most expensive purchase, though way cheaper than anywhere else at the time, was Garmin Vector 2's - I ordered them, and they were on back order, which was then delayed, so I was a little concerned they would not honour the price, but they replied to say all was fine, and also allowed me to add a jersey on to the order, so I didn't have to make a seperate order and pay two lots of postage - both items turned up in the same box, and they always give good tracking info.

Having said that, none of their bikes have really, made me WANT them if you get where I am coming from.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • jonosas
    Hi Daniel , The bike above is deferentially on my short list. I have already spoke to them yesterday ,very helpful guy called Steve Griffs. said they now use T800 Toray Carbon. The bike built to order so only a deposit is needed until the bike is ready.
  • jonosas
    jonosas wrote:

Thanks for your comments Supermurhy 09 I am sure Andy knows what to expect from a good quality frame, otherwise he would not be riding it. And the detail gone into it is just superb.!!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Daniel B wrote:
    jonosas wrote:

VERY shallow of me, but I am REALLY liking the look, and colourways on their road frames (Although I noticed the weight is nothing to write home about - assuming this because it is an aero frame?) - be very interested to hear what you make of them, if you do go with them.
    sr_484345_large.jpg

Seems you can custom colour them for around £150 too.

Am I correct to think it is just an open mould T700 carbon frame though?
    EDIT: It would seem this is it - http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1542
    Sourced from the comments on this review http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/evo2max-nebular-r9-review-51532/

Do you have one of their bikes SM?

As an aside, have shopped with Rose many times, and they have always been spot on - even got a free cereal bowl once!
    Have bought shoes from them, and saddles, most expensive purchase, though way cheaper than anywhere else at the time, was Garmin Vector 2's - I ordered them, and they were on back order, which was then delayed, so I was a little concerned they would not honour the price, but they replied to say all was fine, and also allowed me to add a jersey on to the order, so I didn't have to make a seperate order and pay two lots of postage - both items turned up in the same box, and they always give good tracking info.

Having said that, none of their bikes have really, made me WANT them if you get where I am coming from.

phuck me thats ugly - looks like a 6 year old designed and coloured it in.

no - for the love of God, no.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    i just looked at that again and phuck me its awful.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • jonosas

You can change the colours they have it in Stealth Black also Love it or hate it's colour scheme. Still looks a good bike though.
  • Matthewfalle
    gopping.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

I agree. It can't be said that it has been designed either, no designer of any talent has been anywhere near having proper input to that.

My guess is the company have decided they like it and signed it off, if so, they need to give control of those kinds of decisions to an experienced designer. A lot of companies have owners or management that think they know about design just because they have an opinion, and sh1t like this comes out when these kind of people control the decisions.

It's either that, or: ...their designer is sh1t ...they don't have a designer and did it themselves, or, ...they actually wanted it to look sh1t to stand out.
  • Matthewfalle
    mfin wrote:

I agree. It can't be said that it has been designed either, no designer of any talent has been anywhere near having proper input to that.

My guess is the company have decided they like it and signed it off, if so, they need to give control of those kinds of decisions to an experienced designer. A lot of companies have owners or management that think they know about design just because they have an opinion, and sh1t like this comes out when these kind of people control the decisions.

It's either that, or: ...their designer is sh1t ...they don't have a designer and did it themselves, or, ...they actually wanted it to look sh1t to stand out.

this - far more eloquently put then I could. Hat.

its hippocrocopig ugly. awful colours, unbalanced design, no USP. Open mould Chinese frame?

I'd buy an ali framed Cervelo and spend the difference on whores n blow.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    from reading the review it sounds like an English Daalkia. Now thats a blast from the past.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • jonosas
    mfin wrote:

this - far more eloquently put then I could. Hat.

its hippocrocopig ugly. awful colours, unbalanced design, no USP. Open mould Chinese frame?

I'd buy an ali framed Cervelo and spend the difference on whores n blow.

I am very sorry Matthewfalle I almost gave you a heart attack!!!(was never intentional) -Since you have give over 8000 posts on here I would be very interested as to what advice you could give me to purchase my next bike. I would be so grateful for this.!!
  • Matthewfalle
    Always a pleasure to help dude :)

What's your budget?

All of the above dealers are really good - Canyon had some bad publicity about delayed delivery times but I understand they are sorted now.

What will you be using the bike for? Any brand preferences? Material preference or just the best for your buck?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    I bought a Rose a couple of years ago & cannot recommend them enough.

Fantastic service, answered any question I had quickly and was able to spec some items that were not in their choices.

The bike (Xeon CW) is the best I've owned.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • jonosas
    edited October 2017
    My Budget Matthewfalle is between 1750 2450 max how do I put it, I do loads of biking in Portugal Where live near the sliver coast (Caldas Da Rainha ),lots of climbing in the Serra De Candeerios and Muntejunto, also just to put how good my climbing is at average 6% last 2km 10% 12km to the top in 37 mins. On a flat average speed with my PT Team 40 45 km hour. Total average speed 28 32km hour of 125km ride.On Typically day I do around 1000 2000 meters of climbing out of a 130km training ride.

So I need a good all rounder Because I am 6.1 foot and 79 kilos Do not want a skinny bike so was looking at Aero Bikes weight wise just over 7 kg. I don't
    need a stupid Top brand bike because of it looks or just because its a premium brand I am not a bike snob end of story!
    I want value for money, carbon of course good groupset and lightish carbon wheels.
    All I want is it's ability to do its job as to what effort you put into it ,not the other way round like some people think they can just go faster on a £5000 -£10,000 bike!! I think not!!! (you have to train!!)

It needs to be comfortable on the long climbs (22 km To the top 7%-10 on Portugal's Highest Mountain Serra Da Estrela 1995 meters) google it if you not sure. done it this summer.

So that is what I am looking for. And The Evomax2 was in my sights. If Andy Jackson (Top National 12 hour Time Trialist) thought it was a crap bike he would not be riding it and that says something about the bike. It is on my short list though.
  • Matthewfalle
    my initial thought was a cervelo r3 ultegra di2 disc at 2,300 - let me get on my train and do some looking.

aero and deep rims.... does it have to be carbon? Something like a S2 is light, stiff, brilliant to ride but ali.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    cervelo s3 ultegra di2 for 2,500 then take off the VAT as its coming out of the UK to you.

vat off pays for some aero wheels.

i shall continue to look :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/roa ... -aero-road

random option - awarded best aero bike of year and best on test.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    bianci Aria?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • jonosas
    Funny that my present bike was from them ,however I am not impressed with their customer service. had a major problem with it with the back in 2012, wheel kept slipping out of a bad design dropout hanger and had to be sent back. But to be fair after contacting the owner it was sorted out with a new bike (not planet x frame Nr2) and sent to me here in Portugal.
  • Matthewfalle
    jonosas wrote:
    Funny that my present bike was from them ,however I am not impressed with their customer service. had a major problem with it with the back in 2012, wheel kept slipping out of a bad design dropout hanger and had to be sent back. But to be fair after contacting the owner it was sorted out with a new bike (not planet x frame Nr2) and sent to me here in Portugal.

is that planet x or bianci?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    orbea?

Cj0KCQjw1dDPBRC_ARIsAJZrQfrFFxJ22507mW_FvSFvHiqwO28nGM8MfhHoXI6fidKMbTaLGgT1vwYaAld4EALw_wcB

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.