Wiggle empire building continues

2»

Comments

• dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    i went off Wiggle based on their response to my being one day late realising that some gift vouchers had expired - when I contacted them to see if there was anything I could do they just said tough luck so I cancelled my account. I realise that they were within their rights to refuse to honour the gift vouchers as there was an expiry date on the print out I was given (they were a present) but in my opinion a more customer focussed organisation would have made at least a token effort to appease me especially as I had had an account with them for years and bought a reasonable number of things in the past. I know that other businesses I have worked for or dealt with in the past have done similar things before in similar circumstances for their customers. The greater the range of businesses they own just means the fewer I will buy from (I'm pretty bloody minded/petty when it comes to things like this and they got the gift voucher money for nothing so they get nothing else from me even if I pay more elsewhere).
    You're blaming Wiggle for your own incompetence?

mmmm, comprehension is not your strong point, is it? Or perhaps you are just trying to be provocative. Either way, re-read the post and switch on your brain before responding.
    Here's how I see it. YOU, repeat, YOU let these coupons expire. Yet somehow YOU have turned this into Wiggle's problem. Quit crying and get over it. I realize that your perfect world has been shattered but next time pay a little bit more attention to these things.

Yes, that bit of shouting helped a lot, didn't it? I will explain it again without shouting, read this very slowly and you might comprehend. It was totally my fault, Wiggle had no legal or even moral reason to honour the gift vouchers that were one day out from their expiry date but, regardless, I feel that a more customer focussed business might have taken a different view and so I will take my business elsewhere. I don't blame Wiggle but I chose not to give them any more money. Now then pet, have a cuppa and take your blood pressure medicine.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I blame Wiggle.

They evidently aren't short of a few bob, and yet decided they'd rather screw Ant and lose a customer.

Of course, I also blame whoever got him vouchers. Shit present, just give cash... If you actually think vouchers are somehow a better present than cash you're a mug, and deserve to have your vouchers expire (or for the company you have vouchers for to go bankrupt....)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    i went off Wiggle based on their response to my being one day late realising that some gift vouchers had expired - when I contacted them to see if there was anything I could do they just said tough luck so I cancelled my account. I realise that they were within their rights to refuse to honour the gift vouchers as there was an expiry date on the print out I was given (they were a present) but in my opinion a more customer focussed organisation would have made at least a token effort to appease me especially as I had had an account with them for years and bought a reasonable number of things in the past. I know that other businesses I have worked for or dealt with in the past have done similar things before in similar circumstances for their customers. The greater the range of businesses they own just means the fewer I will buy from (I'm pretty bloody minded/petty when it comes to things like this and they got the gift voucher money for nothing so they get nothing else from me even if I pay more elsewhere).

mmmm, comprehension is not your strong point, is it? Or perhaps you are just trying to be provocative. Either way, re-read the post and switch on your brain before responding.
    Here's how I see it. YOU, repeat, YOU let these coupons expire. Yet somehow YOU have turned this into Wiggle's problem. Quit crying and get over it. I realize that your perfect world has been shattered but next time pay a little bit more attention to these things.

Yes, that bit of shouting helped a lot, didn't it? I will explain it again without shouting, read this very slowly and you might comprehend. It was totally my fault, Wiggle had no legal or even moral reason to honour the gift vouchers that were one day out from their expiry date but, regardless, I feel that a more customer focussed business might have taken a different view and so I will take my business elsewhere. I don't blame Wiggle but I chose not to give them any more money. Now then pet, have a cuppa and take your blood pressure medicine.

Oh, you'll be back at Wiggle the minute they have a good deal. If you're going to wait for someone to kiss your ass before you do business with them, well, good luck with that.
  • dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Oh, you'll be back at Wiggle the minute they have a good deal. If you're going to wait for someone to kiss your ass before you do business with them, well, good luck with that.

Ass kissing would have been nice but, TBH, I'd have been happy with a vaguely sympathetic response or perhaps a token discount.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    I'm seeing few, if any, customer benefits to the Wiggle/CRC merger. Consequently, my spend has went down considerably since. I rarely buy at Bike24 but when I do look, they appear to hold a huge variety of similar stock and stock not available elsewhere. I'll take a shot and predict that Wiggle will rationalise considerably the number of stock items available to the consumer within 12 months of the Bike24 takeover.
  • I spent £3,557 on a bike at Wiggle to get an email to say that the item is no longer available and my money has been refunded.

To say I was annoyed is an understatement seeing as I’d been eyeing it up for a while whilst I saved for a few months to purchase it.

I’d even had a couple of online chats with them asking a few questions about the item inc delivery estimates which I was told should be around 8 days.

Why advertise stock that they don’t even have for sale?

• Why advertise stock that they don’t even have for sale?

Because the stock file is only as good as the human element using it, they may have had the bike listed in stock as the wrong size, the wrong bike has been sent out to someone, they booked in more stock than they actually got from the wholesaler/manufacturer. Its easily done. Every stock file has Ghost stock, regular stock takes and rolling checks will help limit this but its not perfect.
    Its why a lot of click and collect say collect in an hour and wait for confirmation in case the stock file is wrong
  • saftlad
    saftlad Posts: 49
    Flasher wrote:
    and to think that they were my LBS when growing up in Portsmouth!

They've definitely moved on a bit since Butler Cycles :D