New Di2 setup

pilot_pete
pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
edited October 2017 in Workshop
Hi all

Built a bike with Di2 a couple of years ago with no problems, but things have moved on and there are now more set-up options available. So, anyone got any experience of recent developments? Specifically;

1. Fitting the new bar end Junction box A (EW-RS910)

Obviously you need a compatible bar and stem. I assume you just have one cable that emits from the stem and is then routed into the frame downtube? However, I have been told about the Pro 'gap cap' which appears to allow the cable to run down into the fork steerer, where a Di2 battery can be mounted. I am now at a bit of a loss as to why this would be preferable to a seat tube mounted battery as you would still need to run a cable out from the steerer and into the frame to the junction box B would you not?

2. Installing a wireless sender unit (EW-WU111)

The dealer manual shows this connected between the bars and frame, externally. Can it be mounted in the frame? Would it be problematic getting a bluetooth signal to my Garmin/ tablet if mounted in the frame (carbon fibre)? I ask because it would be much tidier to have it internally mounted and the old style external unit mounted on a seat stay looked awful so I decided against having one.

Cheers all.

PP

Comments

• I don't know about the Pro gap cap or bar end junc box but I have my EW-WU111 inside my seat tube and I have no problems with my Garmin communicating with it.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    I've never had issues running the old ANT+ D-Fly unit in my frame. No way was I bolting it on my chain stay.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Excellent, cheers guys...

PP