Stolen Goat-any good

MrT
MrT Posts: 260
edited October 2017 in Road buying advice
Dear All
I’ve used the search option..but there doesn’t seem to be much on S G.....I like their designs but is their kit actually any good....and how does it come up sizing wise....eg I’m a 3xl in castelli.....I know enough about the other brands to make an informed decision...not this one.
Cheers

Comments

• I can't help on sizing etc. But Stolen Goat is made by Bioracer - if that helps?
  • I've got one of their summer jerseys. I'm only 62kg at the moment and struggle to find race fit jersey small enough. The Stolen Goat one comes up smaller than my Rapha Pro Team Aero Jerseys. Quality is nice.

They may have chest measurements on their site?

Hope that helps
  • I have one and its lovely. Sizing as per Castelli.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • I'll be honest - my LS Orkaan is pretty hopeless. It wets through in just a couple of minutes light rain, and isn't in the least bit wind proof.

The Castelli stuff I've tried (Gabba, Perfetto and original Alpha) has all been much better.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • In contrast... the Orkaan bibs are fantastic. Really comfortable, warm and water resistant; they're my go-to winter bibs.
  • My preferred kit for most longish rides is SG Ibex. Quality is absolutely fine. Had an issue with pocket stitching coming undone on one jersey, but that's happened with a lot of brands I've used, so it's probably down to me.
  • Big fan of their stuff but I find the sizing can be a bit inconsistent. The summer jerseys are great and I like the limited edition designs so you’re not wearing the same as everyone else. I’ve just bought the winter jacket and bibs - not yet tried in anger but they seem pretty comfy.

Downside is that Wiggle are selling their gear now so it’s not quite as ‘exclusive’ as it once was.
  • just to add on sizing, if you email them they are really helpful. Even offered me free returns.
  • saftlad
    saftlad Posts: 49
    I've got both the Orkaan 3/4 and full length tights.

The tights split in the crotch after 1 season of moderate riding (I'm no milemonster!).

The 3/4 tights are designed for someone of average height, and at 6'4" I find they ride up and bunch behind the knee. I took this up with SG, who admitted that they have one length irrespective of the sizing, and suggested speaking to a seamstress to have an extra section added to make them slightly longer. :( They weren't interested in being helpful

As someone else has mentioned, neither pair have been any more weatherproof than normal kit, never mind nanoflex/norain etc.

I'll stick to Castelli in future
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    I'm only 62kg at the moment and struggle to find race fit jersey small enough.

I can heartily recommend Ale jerseys, small will fit you nicely I reckon. What chest size are you?

Out of interest, how tall are you, and have you recently gotten down to that weight?
    I am 5ft 10, and currently at 63kg, having been over 74 at the beginning of the year. Trying to get down to 62.5, ideally. 63.5 was my original target, but that would give me a bit of fluctuation room.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18