tomtom bandit vented helmet mount or adhesive mount

arnieA380
arnieA380 Posts: 59
edited October 2017 in Commuting general
hi all just looking for some advice

which would be the best and most secure way of attacthing my tom tom bandit camera to my helmet?

isit the vented helmet strap or the adhesive mount?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I would go for the vented helmet strap, the adhesive mount is better suited to a motorbike helmet where the contact patch is much bigger and smoother.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ah ok thank you i thought so

iv managed to use the vented helmet strap on my lumos helmet so all good, iv tightened it as much as i can so hopefully it shouldnt fall off lol althought the tomtom bandit is a lil heavy but thats probabley because im not used to it
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    arnieA380 wrote:
    the tomtom bandit is a lil heavy but thats probabley because im not used to it

I found the same with the cameras I've put on my helmet, they don't feel that heavy in your hand but put them on your helmet but you notice them for the first few weeks.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mr_eddy
    mr_eddy Posts: 830
    I agree with the weight issue, After a while it becomes noticeable. Also not sure about you but when I reviewed my first few commutes using my camera on the helmet the footage was all over the place because my head moves around a lot. In the end I mounted on my handlebar and the footage is much smoother - Obviously this means that you don't have line of sight recording but I found the footage better at catching cars in front of me etc.
  • ah ok once i start going out on my commutes, il do some with it on my helmet and then some on my handlebars

but like you say having it on the handlebars you lose that line of sight recording, but il see how it goes
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Wasn't it a camera on the helmet that exacerbated the injury on the Schumacher crash ?