thursday in a town yclept malice

2»

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Anybody know anything about wind up clocks? I'm assuming by turning the + and - screw to the plus sign I'll be able to adjust slow running?

Yes but be very precise. If 1 complete turn of the adjustment screw equals 60 mins (as a measurement i'e if the circle is split into 60 units), you are looking at turning it 1 minute. Does that make any sense?
    If not, less than 5 degrees. A tiny amount basically.
    I gave it a tiny turn anti-clockwise towards + still slow and then a couple of bigger turns and still slow, think I might be turning it the wrong way. The clock is currently buried under a load of cushions as I accidentally wound the chimes up and don't want to wake toots.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    P1ssing it down all the way home. Was quite warm though. Hurled some abuse at one car.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Anybody know anything about wind up clocks? I'm assuming by turning the + and - screw to the plus sign I'll be able to adjust slow running?

Yes but be very precise. If 1 complete turn of the adjustment screw equals 60 mins (as a measurement i'e if the circle is split into 60 units), you are looking at turning it 1 minute. Does that make any sense?
    If not, less than 5 degrees. A tiny amount basically.
    I gave it a tiny turn anti-clockwise towards + still slow and then a couple of bigger turns and still slow, think I might be turning it the wrong way. The clock is currently buried under a load of cushions as I accidentally wound the chimes up and don't want to wake toots.

Probably needs a service. Depends if it's worth much (sentimental or otherwise). I'm sure you could find a watch maker in the smoke.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Garry H wrote:
    P1ssing it down all the way home. Was quite warm though. Hurled some abuse at one car.

Did he not indicate?
    Some people find that mildly annoying.
  • Garry H
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Did he not indicate?

No idea. He was driving a nissan juke though!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Garry H wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Did he not indicate?

Good enough reason for abuse
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Did he not indicate?

:D
  • tlw1
    No bike tonight, supported the local instead - it was a lot more fun
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Me too. Quiz night.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    TLW1 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Did he not indicate?

Good enough reason for abuse

+1
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Me too. Quiz night.

"You walked into a pub and someone said "Who the f*ck are you".

(Old Jack Dee Joke).
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Shout at the driver, the car couldn't give a toss.
    Just got back from St George's hospital. The old man has been having stomach pains for the last few weeks and he's just been admitted for an emergency op in the morning to remove a blockage. They reckon it's probably cancerous. Not great news to say the least. He's a big strong bloke and unfortunately too stubborn to go to the doc's unless it's really bad. My mum had to call an ambulance as he was too weak to get to the car. Hoping for the best tomorrow, cross your fingers for me.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just got back from St George's hospital. The old man has been having stomach pains for the last few weeks and he's just been admitted for an emergency op in the morning to remove a blockage. They reckon it's probably cancerous. Not great news to say the least. He's a big strong bloke and unfortunately too stubborn to go to the doc's unless it's really bad. My mum had to call an ambulance as he was too weak to get to the car. Hoping for the best tomorrow, cross your fingers for me.
    Feckity feckity feck.

All the best V68.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Garry H
    The driver was gesticulated at. Doubt he cared though. Seems to have given all hope up and is driving around in a juke.

Hope all goes well V.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:

:(
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Me too. Quiz night.
    Give us a question, I'm ace at quizzes, hit me.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:

Fingers crossed for all of you V68.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Fingere are crossed
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Thanks guys. Heading over there shortly as he should be out of surgery and we will find out a bit more.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Horrible news V :( . Hope you get some news from the doctors.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Good luck mate.