TACX Neo

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
I read that the Neo has motor assist?
Why would you need this?

Comments

• JGSI wrote:
    I read that the Neo has motor assist?
    It's not "assist" it just keeps the rear wheel spinning when you are virtually bombing it down a hill and not pedalling, so instead of your trainer coming to a stop it keeps spinning giving a bit more reality. It doesn't put out any wattage for you.
    JGSI wrote:
    Why would you need this?
    You don't, but it's pretty cool.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I was just curious.
    Too expensive but getting really fed up with the noise of my Cycleops Fluid.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    its a nice feature to have if you are "playing" at racing on Zwift and want to catch your breath on the descent you can stop pedaling to get in to the aero tuck and when you come back out as the gradient eases you dont have to expend excess power spinning it back up to speed as the wheel is already spinning

Other than that, it has no point unless your workouts consist of not pedaling :D
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    JGSI wrote:
    I was just curious.
    Too expensive but getting really fed up with the noise of my Cycleops Fluid.
    I recently went from a cyclops fluid to a direct drive tacx flux, noise of the fluid didn't bother me as much as the fluid getting thicker when it warmed up, a lot more immersive on fulgaz and zwift, as to whether it's worth the cost difference, that's debatable
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....